Job title: Medical Superintendent
Job description: Job Description Document
Role Title Medical Superintendent
Job Family Support
Function Medical Operations
Division City as specified
Reporting To Group Medical Director Practo
(Role to which this role reports)
Roles reporting to this role To be specified
Qualification Basic Qualification / Education /
Master of Business Administration in Hospital Administration
& Qualification / Certification / Specialist
Additional certification in Quality is desirable -should have experience in NABH hospitals
Total Experience – 7-10 Years
Key internal interaction with
- Quality Department
- Heads of Other Support Functions
Nature of interaction
- For accreditations, quality assurance of services and facilities
- To collaborate for ensuring that organizational goals are effectively achieved
- To improve patient service levels and satisfaction
- Electronic Medical Records/Documentation implementation
Key external interaction with
- Medical Technology / Infra. / Research Partners
- Clinical / Medical Fraternity
Nature of interaction
- To keep updated on the latest medical technological advancements and ensure that the Organization is equipped with it as per needs
- To Submit clinical data and metrics to Gr Medical Director Practo on defined time inter
- To ensure required networking with the industry and also ensure we are able to attract the best of Clinical talent for various Practo surgical units
Under the guidance and direction of the Group Medical Director, the role incumbent is responsible to coordinate the operations of the medical staff doctors/nurses/paramedical staff and ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory & accreditation standards.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process for healthcare personnel of Practo for the region assigned
- Provide supervision of clinical scheduling of surgical and OPD patients in each units of Practo.
- Provide supervision of continuing professional education, in-service training and orientation of new medical personnel and other healthcare workers associated with surgical patient care unit.
- Under the supervision of medical director develop scope of services and lead planning for new clinical programs. Provide counseling in professional & personal matters as appropriate relating to the clinical staff.
- Conduct periodic meetings with the surgical team and Practo as and when needed by the corporate office.
- Perform periodic medical record & dash board reviews on outlined parameters as specified in the dashboard at interval specified by the group medical director
- Reviews input from medical staff on their ideas and escalate concerns to the management
- Regular visits and open communications with all the empanelled doctors-to understand the gaps and escalate their concerns to the Group Medical Director
- Oversee the SOP adherence in each unit as per the checklist provided by Practo
- Analyze clinical and administrative data pertaining to health information management for preparing secondary information reports including centralized hospital statistics.
Compliance with Medical Standards
- Ensure that all medical service standards are compiled with NABH and JCI standards –whichever is applicable
- Ensure that the scopes of medical services that are rendered by the hospital are within the terms of agreements with Practo MOU.
- Under the guidance the medical director, develops clinical protocols and oversees all clinical programs and services.
- Under the guidance of the Group Medical Director-to create ‘’Clinical Pathways’’ for separte surgeries and procedures.
- To do regular audits of these ‘’ Clinical Pathways’’ and prepare the dashboard for presentation to the Group Medical Director on specified intervals as directed by the Medical Director
- Review of Policy Documentation and Monitoring of Clinical Services
- Under supervision of medical director proactively ensure effective medical documentation systems that will result in proper documentation of all patient care processes through the Electronic Medical Records (EMR)/Hospital Files.
- Under the supervision of medical director routinely conduct medical audit and case reviews with peers and other health care workers.
Direction for New and Existing Facilities and Services
- Participate in the formulation and evaluation of goals and objectives for the organization.
- Work closely with Medical Director to provide direction regarding all clinical issues related to manage care.
- Under the supervision of medical director provide overall direction and coordination of continuing medical education, training, and support for health care personnel.
Clinical Training Programs
- Under the guidance of the Medical Director, develop and oversee comprehensive clinical training programs for service providers to assure high quality consumer services.
- Represent the Practo management in episodes of patient grievance handling and ensure that maximum efforts are expended to alleviate the patient complaint.
- Under the supervision of medical director coordinate with different members of the Clinical team and ensure that patient complaints regarding medical services are eliminated.
- Improve levels of communication between patients and all levels of medical personnel such that opportunities for misinformation are eliminated.
- Under the supervision of medical director analyze clinical and administrative data pertaining to health information management for preparing secondary information reports including centralized hospital statistics.
- Coach and motivate the team and training need analysis of team members.
- Ensure compliance with all the relevant policies such as Dress Code, Attendance policy etc.
- Ensure Uploading of Duty Roasters in Attendance software for all healthcare personnel of the surgical units.
- Forecast staff requirement for the department and ensure timely upgrade of team size
- Lead the Goal setting and Performance Appraisal process for all employees in scope-connected to Practo portal
- Under the supervision of medical director on a quarterly basis, conduct training for all doctors/nurses/technicians OT/CSSD to ensure compliance with hospital wide policies.
Documentation & Reporting Requirements
- Refine and implement the hospital wide policies applicable for doctors/nurses/paramedics & other HCWs
- Ensure all necessary documents and registers are maintained as required by Quality/ Internal Audit/ MIS.
Annual Reports * Goal setting for all doctors and direct reports in consultation and guidance from the medical director.
- Appraisals for all doctors/nurses/paramedics whosoever may be under direct reporting line.
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the management from time to time.
Timely Decision Making:
- Design/improve systems and practices, deploy/ redeploy resources and develop contingency plans on the basis of benefit and risk analysis, to maximize operational efficiency and to meet the changing business needs.
- Review and recognize the factors adversely influence the work climate and the failure of systems to meet requirements, act with the readily available contingencies so as to ensure practices serve their intended purpose.
- Attract potential talents for meeting long term goals, keeping an organizational flexibility to recognize key contributors.
- Create development plans consistent with the organizational succession plans and individual’s career plan.
- Coach team, recognize individual performances, conduct team meetings when asked by the Medical Director and ensure team’s freedom to stretch the boundaries of the contributions by them.
- Encourages subordinates to generate new ideas, approach challenges with creativity and listen feedback from wide range of sources before responding to situations. .
- Respond and adapt to changing demands with a flexible approach and in a controlled manner.
- Proactively switch approaches through effective communication and anticipate potential conflicts with innovative solutions favoring operational excellence.
- Provide consultation to or obtains consultation / mediation for those who share few common interests and who are having a significant disagreement
- Refocus teams on work and end goals.
Key Service-line Selection * Align clinical policies in line with Practo group policies under the supervision of medical director.
- Establish clinical frameworks/pathways/protocols for key service-line selection and ensure effective implementation
Key Clinical Metrics for Key Service-line
- Develop frame work for outcome-based doctor engagement models, for long-term implementation under the supervision of medical director.
Clinical Governance Policy * Develop and implement Clinical Governance Policy in hospitals under the supervision of medical director.
Baseline and implement Standards of Care * Establish process to measures patient care improvement under the supervision of medical director.
- Under the supervision of medical director set-up effective and efficient training platform.
- Training-Minimum of 40 Hours per annum for all doctors/nurses/technicians and direct reports.
Quality * Ensure on time and accurate submission of CQI to NABH and to Practo-100% Compliance.
- Prepare the surgical services adequately for NABH surveillance and JCI accreditation.
- Implement Electronic Medical Record/Medical Records -100% completeness for IP & OP
EMPLOYEE DECLARATION: I have read the above-mentioned job description and agree to carry out the responsibilities and duties of my position diligently and to the best of my knowledge.
Job date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 03:59:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!