Job title: Lead Engineer Firmware
Job description: Description:
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Lead Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Job Summary
- Responsible for Firmware development for Electrical Industrial Controls products as part of Industrial Control Division (ICD), which is part of Control Protection Division(CPD). This includes contribution in product development by understanding product requirements, design & develop feature enhancements and implementation protocols like EtherCAT, Ethernet based protocols, using technologies like C, C++ by using a Real time operating system on microcontroller platforms. Enrich & foster climate of innovation to drive growth & accelerate capability development. Collaborate with global product engineering team and perform firmware development activities during project execution. Perform technical reviews including detailed design and code reviews.
- About CPD:
- CPD has business worth 1bn USD+ and is focused on offering customers the right set of smart, connected components to form a complete solution to meet their application needs. This division is working in three integrated businesses: Power Components, Industrial Control and Bussmann.
- Job Responsibilities
- Drive design and development of C, C++, RTOS based embedded application & fieldbus protocols firmware for electrical controls and automation products VFDs, Motor Protection Relays, Reduced Voltage Soft Starters.
- Create unit / whitebox / pre-conformance testing for the firmware developed, feature enhancement & resolution of the issues reported by validation team, spotted at customer site by providing the product line support.
- Develop re-usable components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in Electrical industrial control products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrate flexibility working in parallel on multiple products.
- Create technology and product concepts and articulate product and firmware Architecture. Ensure quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in agile/waterfall model.
- Perform code reviews with team members for modules/tasks and ensuring that best practices and efficient coding standards are adhered to. GIT
- Ensures compliance with Agile Scrum process and agile ceremonies/work products, Management standards and guidelines
- 10+ years of hands-on expertise in C, C++, RTOS based firmware applications on microcontrollers.
- Experience in development of industrial fieldbus communication protocols like EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP, Embedded Webserver and EtherCAT.
- Hands-on experience in developing application firmware for user interfaces & writing Unit Tests.
- Experience in working in Agile Team & usage of tools like JIRA, BitBucket, JAMA.
- Hands-on experience on developing test automations will be added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication, including the ability to explain technical concepts.
- Sound Knowledge and experience with process frameworks (e.g., CMMI) including requirements management, defect tracking, build management, change management, and configuration management tools
- Experience collaborating with local / global suppliers for Hardware/Software procurement, building test lab setups etc.
- Software FMEA and analysis first mindset.
- Excellent communications skills, global exposure, high degree of aptitude, creativity is required.
- Experience in FreeRTOS platform, Cyber-security requirements finalization and development.
- Design for Six Sigma Certified.
- Understanding of OPC-UA, MQTT, PROFINET, STM32, NETX90 ASIC Platform.
- Education level required: B.E. Electronics / Electronics & Telecommunications.
- Years and area of experience required: 10+
- Technical Knowledge: C, C++, RTOS, Industrial Fieldbus Communication Protocols Modbus, BACnet, EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, PROFIBUS.
- Soft Skills: Creating technical proposals, stakeholder communication, process definition.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Location: Hadapsar, Maharashtra
Job date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 05:40:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!