Job title: ESRI Communications Specialist – India
Job description: At UL, we know why we come to work.
The role of the Communications Specialist (CS) is to help the Communications Manager (CM) at ESRI to bring our mission to life by providing support to the scientists and engineers at ESRI in helping them to communicate their scientific findings through internal and external communications.
The mission of the Electrochemical Safety Research Institute (ESRI) is to advance safer energy storage through science. ESRI and its team members are ambassadors of the UL mission which is to make the world a safer place. We carry out scientific research to fulfill our mission and earn a position of scientific leadership in this ever-changing world. To be valued, our mission must be relevant, so we work hard to educate, enable, and inspire our team to bring our mission to life in everything we do.
This role will be an integral part of the team in understanding all communications and educational initiatives, objectives, timelines, and desired outcomes. The CS is responsible in assisting all projects that involve strategy and planning of the outreach through internal and external communications that enhances the work of the scientists and engineers at ESRI. The CS independently and in collaboration with the CM identifies, evaluates, and optimizes content needs to drive team engagement and sustain a communications cadence that addresses ESRI’s needs. The CS will assist the CM fully in setting up the website for ESRI and confirm that it is coordinated with the NFP Strategy team. The CS will be highly collaborative, partnering wherever appropriate, with the UL NFP Communications, as well as across the other NFP Institutes and the Education Team on communications plan development and execution. The CS will keep the CM informed of all communication related discussions and email exchanges.
What you’ll learn & achieve:
In addition to the above, the following specific attributes are required:
- The person should have excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Create/edit content for ESRI – website, articles, reports, etc.
- Support in the coordination and management of event activities/deliverables (World Energy Storage Day, Summit, webinars, workshops, etc.)
- Create social media stories/posts/blogs based on ESRI’s outreach/research programs.
- Provide feedback and share ideas on the ongoing branding and marketing activities of the ESRI (managed by external agency) – logo development, website, social media accounts, and so on.
Finally, the CS should be enthusiastic and open-minded with a results-oriented mindset that enhances the reputation, vision, and mission of the ESRI team.
What makes you a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Writing and communication skills
What you’ll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For Underwriters Laboratories, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 127 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any Underwriters Laboratories employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at Underwriters Laboratories. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
Working at Underwriters Laboratories is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 01:43:50 GMT
Apply for the job now!