Job title: Technical Support Engineer
Job description: Company Description
Broadcom – Through the combination of industry leaders Broadcom, LSI, Broadcom Corporation, Brocade, CA Technologies and Symantec, the company has the size, scope, and engineering talent to lead the industry into the future. Broadcom is focused on technology leadership and category-leading semiconductor and infrastructure software solutions. The company is a global leader in numerous product segments serving the world’s most successful companies.
Symantec – Broadcom acquired and integrated Symantec into its portfolio in 2019. Symantec is a global leader in Endpoint Security, Web Security, Information Security, Email Security, and Privileged Access Management. Symantec solutions are powered by the largest civilian global security intelligence and research network in the world. The Symantec Integrated Cyber Defense (ICD) Platform delivers Endpoint Security, Identity Security, Information Security, and Network Security across on- premises and cloud infrastructures to provide the most complete and effective asset protection in the industry.
Tech Support Engineer in Broadcom is a highly skilled and experienced customer focused technical professional that achieves excellent customer satisfaction and drives product adoption through fulfilling a varying range of roles, based on the company’s business needs and everyone’s strengths, abilities, and preferences.
This job opening is dedicated for supporting products within the Symantec Email Security portfolio – https://www.broadcom.com/products/cyber-security/network/messaging-security.
If you are looking for making an impact, this role offers the opportunity of bringing huge value to some of the world’s greatest organizations. You will be working with some of world’s best cyber security technologies and teaming up with top professionals to deliver outcomes that make a difference.
The main roles of the job are providing Technical Support (reactive technical support, working with various customers) and Designated Support (account and relationship management, reactive and proactive technical support provided to specific customer accounts). Other activities include working with the product engineering teams, contributing to the support knowledge base, mentoring colleagues, building, and delivering trainings, partnering with global peers from within and outside the direct product portfolio to support complex customer implementations, participating in projects and collaborating with the sales and account teams.
On a regular day you will manage your backlog of cases, handle new cases raised by customers, assist on case escalations, schedule, and attend calls with your designated accounts and other customers to progress cases, make use of lab resources to replicate and troubleshoot customer issues. You will collaborate closely with your colleagues and management team, partnering to meet or exceed the team’s performance goals. You will be expected to occasionally cover, in an on-call model, weekends and public holidays. Adaptability and flexibility are key in keeping up with the ever-changing business needs and evolving industry.
Expectations and Responsibilities
- Fulfil the role of trusted advisor to the company’s customers
- Troubleshoot a wide array of technical issues within complex customer environments, apply broad concepts and theories to achieve innovative and effective solutions to complex problems
- Provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in your area of specialization, determine work priorities based on general direction from managers
- Determine methods and procedures on new assignments; determine your own priorities, both tactical and strategic; consult with management on long-range goals
- Own your work and the complete customer experience, drive successful outcomes
- Demonstrate accountability and sense of urgency based on customer needs
- Frequent, empathetic, and qualitative communication with all stakeholders (internal and external)
- Drive to achieve the timely resolution of cases
- Contribute to customer retention, renewal, and adoption
- Effectively fulfil the associated tasks and attributions of your assigned role/s
- Follow case management best practices and effectively apply processes
- Responsiveness and availability during working hours
- Participation in ensuring regional weekend and holiday coverage
- Collaborate with regional and global peers, share knowledge, be a team player
- Participate in regional and global projects
- Exhibit awareness, initiative, consistency, and proactivity
- Continually develop your product skill and knowledge
- Constantly seek to improve and refine your customer service skills
- Contribute to the creation and sharing of knowledge (KCS)
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelors and 8+ years of related experience; at this level post-graduate coursework may be desirable or master’s degree and 6+ years of related experience or PhD and 3+ years of related experience
- Knowledge and experience in technical support and customer relationship management
- Strong experience and familiarity of Internet Mail systems and Security, including demonstratable knowledge of email messaging platforms and interactions.
- Working knowledge of email protocols, DNS, networking, and cloud infrastructure such as GCP and AWS
- Demonstratable knowledge of DMARC, DKIM, SPF, SMTP, sMIME and TLS.
- Strong hands-on experience across the following technologies: Active Directory, Domain Name System, DHCP, TCP/IP, Routing, Network Topologies, Windows OS (Client & Server)
- Strong hands-on experience across the following technologies: Ethernet, TCP/IP stack, NAT, HTTP, FTP, SSH, Firewalls, QoS, Domain Name System, Network Topologies, PKI, TLS/SSL
- Experience of the following troubleshooting tools: Wireshark, tcpdump, browser developer tools
- Cyber Security fundamentals knowledge. Recognized Cyber Security certifications are a plus:
- Security+, CySA+, CASP+, SSCP, CCSP, etc
Prior experience working with enterprise-grade email security products, such as Email Security.cloud and Symantec Messaging Gateway are a plus
- Working knowledge in any of the following technologies is a plus: Firewall, Proxy, Intrusion Detection/ Intrusion Prevention, PKI, Wireshark, Netmon, Memory Dump Analysis, Process Monitor/Process Explorer, , Cloud and Hybrid environments, IIS, Apache
Broadcom is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability status, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records consistent with local law.
If you are located outside USA, please be sure to fill out a home address as this will be used for future correspondence.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 02:25:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!