Job title: Senior Network Automation Researcher & Standardization Specialist
Job description: Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Strategy and Technology lays the path for Nokia’s future technology innovation and identifies the most promising areas for Nokia to create new value. We set the company’s strategy and technology vision, offer an unparalleled research foundation for innovation, and provide critical support infrastructure for Nokia.
Nokia Standards is responsible for research and standardization activities related to 5G and 6G cellular networks and collaboration with internal and external experts to advance the technology landscape as well as to protect Intellectual Property.
What you will learn and contribute to
Network & Service Automation is a crucial area to enable cost-efficient deployment and operation of 5G and future 6G networks. An important aspect is to assure multi-vendor interoperability through openness and standardization (e.g., 3GPP SA5, ETSI ZSM, ORAN).
To further strengthen our leadership in Network and Service Automation Research & Standards we look for a Senior Researcher or Standardization Specialist with the focus on the following aspects:
- Intent-driven autonomous operations
- Closed-loop automation framework, including life cycle management and governance of closed loops, and means for coordination
- Enablers for Artificial Intelligence-empowered Network & Service Automation, including data handling and analytics, interaction between AI applications, AI models life cycle management, AI workflow integration, governance and execution environment
- Network Slicing Management across public and non-public networks
As part of the team, you will:
- Pro-actively identify emerging topics in Network & Service Automation, drive internal discussions on technical concepts and contribute to Research & Standards strategy creation
- Develop concepts for beyond Network & Service Automation
- across 3GPP radio access, core and end-to-end domains
- along the whole lifecycle (LCM, configuration, troubleshooting, performance management)
- Build-up robust intellectual property assets for Nokia and their insertion into standards, review of inventions from others
- Contribute to internal alignment with Business Groups and external alignment with customers and partners
And as a Senior Researcher:
- Work package / task leadership within an internal home program
- Support the corresponding SDO / alliance (3GPP SA5, ETSI ZSM and ORAN) and fora work, with own concepts and review of contributions by others, in the home program
- Validate concepts by experimental work (network data- and simulation-based), developing PoCs and demonstrations
- Act as task lead / deliverable editor / contributor in international and national funded projects; coordinate the Nokia-internal work with the Nokia participation in funded projects
- Coaching/supervising the work of internal staff as well as PhD / master students
And as a Senior Standardization Specialist:
- The development and execution of a standardization strategy for these activities, making sure the strategy is consistent and aligned with Nokia stakeholders.
- Representation of Nokia in key SDOs / alliances (e.g., 3GPP SA5, ETSI ZSM, ORAN) and fora being part of the Nokia delegation; taking up leadership roles in the standardization process as appropriate
- Interaction with customers and competitors and other participants in SDOs/alliances is inherent part of the job.
- Drive and defend Nokia’s preferred solutions in key SDOs; coordinate across different SDOs
- Create own contributions and review of others’ contributions, in line with the defined Nokia strategy and stakeholder views – before contributing to standardization
- Information sharing from relevant SDO/alliances meetings towards Nokia stakeholders and solicitation of views and feedback
- As appropriate, taking up leadership roles in the standardization process
Your skills and experience
- MSc degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline. A PhD is a plus
3 years of professional expertise in state-of-the-art wireless networks (3GPP, ORAN), their management and automation / optimization aspects; track record of publications is a plus * Good knowledge of Policy- / Intent-based systems, Closed Loop Automation, Analytics and Artificial Intelligence methods: statistical, probabilistic and machine learning techniques
- Strong experience in IPR creation (track record of relevant IPRs)
- Ability to work autonomously on complex technical problems
- Ability and willingness to work in a multi-cultural context and negotiate results on technical matters
And as a Senior Researcher:
- Ability to supervise subcontractors and students
- Prior proof-of-concept development and integration incl. hands-on IT skills (Linux installations, managing a lab network), SW development skills (e.g. C/C++, python, shell scripts and related tools)
- Previous experience with network data analysis, working with AI frameworks (e.g., scikit-learn, pytorch) and network simulation (e.g., NS-3) is a plus
And as a Senior Standardization Specialist
- 7 or more years of experience with standardization on technologies related to management, automation and cloudification (e.g. in ETSI ZSM, TMG, 3GPP SA5, ORAN)
It would be nice if you also had:
- Very strong analytical skills and eager to find innovative/disruptive solutions to problems
- Self-motivated, passionate and hands-on
- High performer
- Strong written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to, work in and lead international and multi-site virtual teams, very good interpersonal skills
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.
- For US job positions only: Vaccination Requirements: As a federal contractor & pursuant to Presidential Exec. Order 14042, Nokia mandates for all employees a COVID-19 vaccination or an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Fri, 04 Feb 2022 06:30:13 GMT
Apply for the job now!