Job title: Senior Medical Writer
Job description: Why Work at Parexel
There are pivotal moments in every career: Sharing new treatments. Improving processes. Delivering life-saving advances. The people who succeed are the ones who make the journey go further and faster every time. What if you had a partner to support you as you reach the next level in your professional path? A partner who believes a collaborative environment is key to achieving your goals? A partner who is dedicated to your health and wellness so you can help make a difference in the lives of millions worldwide?
That’s Parexel. We’re a diverse team of professionals focused on one goal: getting treatments into the hands of those who need them most. Working together, the results we bring to our clients and the opportunities we bring to our team get better with every step.
How can we help you on your journey? Find your path, and learn more on , , , , and .
- Science/Medicine degree: The minimum qualification required would be a university degree in life Sciences/Health or Biomedical Sciences (Pharmacy, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biophysics etc.)
- A degree in Medicine/Dentistry/Physiotherapy/Experimental Medicine/Nursing, which involves patient exposure in hospital-based environment, would be an advantage
Note: The below statements describe the general nature and level of the work being performed and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities required for the position. Responsibilities vary as applicable
Accountability Supporting Activities
Aggregate reports (as applicable) • Preparing/Updating/Merging RMPs/Company Core-RMPs (CC-RMPs), preparing health authority response document along with RMS update in accordance with client requirements/conventions and SOPs
- Managing scheduled and unscheduled aggregate reports including but not limited to Periodic Safety Update Reports (PSURs), Periodic Benefit Risk Evaluation Reports (PBRERs), Addendum to Clinical Overviews (ACOs), Semi-Annual Safety Reports (SASRs), Corporate Addendum Reports, United States Periodic Adverse Drug Experience Reports (PADERs), Development Safety Update Reports (DSURs), Annual Risk-Benefit Evaluation (ARBE) report , Risk Management Plan (RMP), Safety statements, Health Hazard Evaluation (HHE), Drug Safety Report (DSR), Clinical Overview (CO), Safety Evaluation Report (SER), Investigational New Drug Annual Report (INDARs), comparison document between local and global labeling document and checking of International Non-proprietary names (INNs) for inclusion in a PSR as per client requirements and conventions and SOPs
- Conducting critical appraisal and systematic review of literature with a focus on background epidemiology, specifically information on the incidence, prevalence and risk factor in patient populations, for inclusion in drug Safety Reports and RMPs
- Providing input and developing literature search strategies for the epidemiology section of safety reports
- Applying epidemiological methods and calculations to data available in literature to support the background rates of the issues under evaluation for the safety reports
- Performing aggregate report compliance activities including quality review to check the data/facts and internal consistency across various type of aggregate reports including but not limited to PBRERs, Ad hocs, HHEs, LJDs, tables, RMP, Pharmacovigilance System Master File (PSMF) document
- Generating Line Listings for submissions/ to identifying discrepancies and ensuring resolution of the discrepancies
- Distribution of final reports to the stakeholders including partners, affiliates and submission to health authorities, according to the agreed timelines, distribution lists and email templates
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings/ Drafting meeting agenda and minutes/Tracking action items and soliciting follow-up for open issues
Clinical Study Report Narratives (as applicable) • Coordinates and liaises with the members of Study Management Team (SMT)/Study In-charge or equivalent, to discuss the narrative template development process, narrative categories and review of the narratives
- Serves as primary client contact for narrative writing for an assigned study, agreeing/negotiating deliverable timelines, and addressing/resolving any narratives related issues
- Prepares clear and accurate narratives based on Clinical Database and Safety Database outputs provided by the client and ensures their appropriate medical cohesiveness and assessment in accordance with the client’s and Parexel’s conventions/guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures
- Performs quality checks on the drafted narratives as required
- Ensures the work is complete and of high quality, including final quality control checks, compilation and formatting.
- Provides CSR narrative review support to the SMT where requested
Job date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 02:04:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!