Job title: Content Project Manager – 0921-GU
Job description: Elsevier is part of the Reed Elsevier Group plc., which is a world leading provider of professional information solutions in science and health, legal, risk management, and business to business sectors.
As the world’s leading provider of science and health information, Elsevier serves more than 30 million scientists, students and health and information professionals worldwide. A global company headquartered in Amsterdam, employing more than 7000 people in 24 countries, we help customers advance science and health by providing world-class information and innovative tools that help them make critical decisions, enhance productivity and improve outcomes.
Our working culture is highly respectful, stimulating and diverse; enabling bright, passionate people to do their best work. We offer challenging but realistic objectives, recognition for achievement, and the opportunity to challenge the status quo. We’re a truly global company, working across geographies everyday with our people sharing a passion for health and science. Our people are pragmatic, commercial, work collaboratively and are excellent relationship builders. We offer an opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives by helping the health and science communities find and use trusted, high-quality information.
Learning is at the heart of everything we do and our people take their development and progress seriously, as do we. Because of our global reach, opportunities are available locally and globally and our breadth of opportunity offers the chance to build a varied career across different functions and divisions. You will have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technological development and to contribute to change. People with the right attitude have the chance to contribute far beyond their role.
Ensure timely delivery of complete and well-prepared material for publication that adheres to proposal and appropriate quality benchmarks
- Help Content Strategist (CS) in project definition (e- and print format): help to plan content formats, organization and content templates; provide input costs for non standard projects at proposal stage; generate ideas for features and product functionality that aid usability
- Manage on a day-to-day basis the development of under-contract titles to ensure delivery on schedule and to required standard that adheres to agreed proposal vision
- Brief authors/editors/translators on all aspects of writing to deliver print and electronic material to required standard, vision, budget and schedule (including chapter level abstracts and key words)
- Brief authors in e-workflows and train them to use the available tools (e.g. EMSS, author template etc) whenever possible
- Actively manage and adhere to agreed schedule for manuscript delivery as per contract
- Prepare relevant material for contributors, and establish and maintain relationships with authors, CS and contributors via regular contact during the writing stage, aiding scientific editors if required in soliciting contributors
- Ensure all contributor contracts for edited works are returned before copyedit stage and that relevant payments are made according to contracts
- Review sample material from authors/editors at all stages of writing and give feedback as necessary to ensure guidelines being followed
- Ensure author adheres to selected design from the global standard templates to maximize cost savings and ensure the book is POD and e compatible
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on PPM (and other appropriate local and global systems)
2: Review and prepare content for delivery to freelancers, suppliers or vendors
- Prepare for and attend gate meeting with CS prior to copyediting to sign off on delivery of the proposed vision at this stage of development
- Evaluate submitted material, work with authors/solicit external content edit if required to ensure adherence to proposal vision and compliance with content, format and size requirements
- Ensure information in PPM, and other global / local systems, is updated as required
- Ensure that all required permissions for print and electronic rights have been obtained (ideally by author) and relevant information stored in Permissions Database. For 3rd party permissions within Elsevier translations liaise with Chennai team for permissions clearance as required
- Manage artwork process with authors, illustrators and vendors as required per project, ensuring that all delivered artwork meets technical and product requirements
- In partnership with global multimedia team and/or local vendors ascertain that all files for electronic ancillaries are delivered in required format, are complete and to standard
3: Liaising with freelancers/suppliers as necessary and monitoring performance
- Liaising with external providers (translation/ copyediting/ typesetting/ proofreading/ indexers / data capture/ online development) as necessary and monitoring cost/ quality/ timeliness of work in line with Elsevier global standards
- Ensure effective and efficient proof correction in relevant formats with freelancers and suppliers as appropriate
- Handle author liaison and queries as required during production phase
- Ensure that materials/ projects are correctly stored after publication according to global guidelines and that suppliers deliver correct electronic archives to Elsevier
4: Ensure finished product meets market needs and budget is adhered to
- Monitor quality and schedule of art programme
- Monitor quality throughout delivery and production to ensure finished publication meets multi channel market needs through logical placement of text, tables, illustrations and other features
- Advise on production issues, dealing with quality issues as they arise
- Coordinate design and execution of cover, branding and interior styling
- Ensure that electronic ancillaries publish according to schedule and are maintained to standard
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact email@example.com or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Please read our
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 06:42:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!