Job title: Technical Specialist
Company: Fidelity International
Job description: About the opportunity
The Central Technology function provides IT services to the Fidelity International business, globally. These include the development and support of business applications that underpin our revenue, operational, compliance, finance, legal etc.
Purpose of your role
This is a challenging opportunity for experienced Reporting lead to work on the data warehouse alongside data analysts, business analysts, database administrators and business project teams.
As an Reporting Lead, the person should have experience in various Oracle Business Intelligence technologies including Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 11g/12C (OBIEE), Tableau etc. The position is for an experienced technologist to lead and do the delivery for the Finance Data Warehouse and Strategic Analytics platform (part of the Central Technology team)
- Work with the business analysts and enterprise architects to devise and propose the technical solution to business problems or new opportunities;
- Prepare system and technical high level design documents
- Produce Technical specifications, unit test cases for the reports under development
- For assigned projects, ensure that all project technical artefacts are constructed, compiled, packaged and documented in accordance with FIL Technology development methodology, technical delivery method and quality gates
- Support and mentor analyst programmers in all technical deliveries, review their code and provide technical guidance
- Build trusted relationships with business partners and proactively seek feedback on systems processes and personal performance
- Analyse technical issues, flag risks and provide solution approach to such issues.
- Ensure code is maintained in version control system and participate in code deployments with the Deployment team
- Give inputs to prepare the Implementation plan for deployment into production, provide necessary production support during initial phases after go live
Experience and Qualifications
- B.E./B.Tech. or M.C.A. in Computer Science from a reputed University
- 7-10 years of relevant industry experience
- 5+ Years of experience in OBIEE, Tableau involving RPD & Metadata modelling, OBIEE Interactive Dashboards
- Design and develop reports, charts and dashboards with different views using OBIEE presentation services
- Design and develop physical layer, business model and mapping layer and presentation layers of OBIEE Repository using Administration tool.
- Knowledge of future scope of OBIEE to OAS/OAC.
- Sound understanding of RDBMS concepts (preferably Oracle)
- Data warehousing knowledge (Facts, Dimensions etc.)
- ‘Hands on’ comprehensive experience of project lifecycle
- Knowledge of Tableau, Power BI, and an overall visualization experience
- Experience in tuning of OBIEE/ ODI processes to meet performance requirements of reports
- Knowledge of relational databases concepts/ Oracle architecture and Oracle database objects.
- Experience in data normalization/denormalization and Performance Tuning / techniques.
- Expertise in writing advanced Oracle SQL queries (DML/DDL)
- Experience in developing OLAP reports for reporting/ad-hoc query requirements
- Experience in providing end to end business intelligence solution by design and developing Interactive Dashboards
- Security implementation at both data level and object level
- Implementing Multi-user development environment structure
- Experience of best practices development methodologies, preferably Agile
- Experience of best practices – Dev Ops and Agile delivery
- Proven track record of high-quality project deliveries and technical achievements
- Alteryx, R
- Exposure or understanding of Finance domain and related application and tools.
- Sound analytical & debugging skills.
- Innovative and enthusiastic about technology and using it appropriately to solve problems
- Understanding of Automation, job scheduling, monitoring
- Excellent communication/presentation inter-personal skills to present to/liaise with all levels of stakeholders.
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing and expanding environment
- Strong conceptual thinking and ideation skills; passion for brainstorming ideas, sketching concepts and connecting pieces to solve problems. A can-do attitude and a naturally curiosity to find better solutions.
About Fidelity International
We’ve been helping our clients plan and save for the futures they want for over 50 years. From more than 25 locations around the world, we provide investment services and retirement expertise to 2.5 million clients – everyone from central banks and financial institutions to wealth managers and private individuals. We think generationally and look to the long term. And today, building on the security of private ownership and our strong sense of purpose, we’re growing our business like never before.
What it’s like to work here.
In our welcoming, caring culture, you’ll feel valued, trusted and free to express yourself. We recognise the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought and in experience. With this in mind, please let us know if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
As well as a clear commitment to inclusion, we offer real flexibility about where, when and how you work. It’s an approach we call ‘dynamic working’, and you’ll find it brings the very best out in you.
For more about who we are, how we work and the part you could play in both our progress and our future, visit .
Or, if you’re feeling inspired, start your journey with us right now.
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 04:16:45 GMT
Apply for the job now!