Job title: Engineering Manager – Lighting Products NPI
Job description: Description:
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to an Engineering Manager – Lighting Products NPI based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Eaton is a diversified power management company providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. The company is a global technology leader in electrical products, systems and services for power quality, distribution and control, power transmission, lighting and wiring products; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton acquired Cooper Industries plc in 2012. Eaton has approximately 90,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries.
- Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) has an opening for an Engineering Manager – Lighting products in the Global Crouse-hinds, B-Line and Oil & Gas division. This position will be based in Pune, India.
- The engineering manager is primarily responsible for driving innovation and leading an engineering team supporting deliverables for new product launches in lighting products for harsh and hazardous environments. Further, the leader is expected to:
- Drive growth & accelerate capability development in line with business strategy;
- Provide overall leadership to the team that designs and develops Lighting products for the business division;
- Develop in-depth knowledge of customer needs based on key market and technology trends and champion new product launches for the business;
- Lead collaboration for lighting products globally, working with cross-functions and other design centers in North America & Europe;
- Work closely with Product Line Management (Marketing) and global engineering leaders to ensure that platforms support the Multi generation product roadmaps.
- Leads multiple projects in collaboration with multi-functional teams with exposure to senior level management to drive new product development.
- Provides overall leadership to the team to execute projects and make day to day project engineering decisions.
- Uses modern engineering practices to monitor the productivity of the engineering teams in order to drive continuous improvement.
- Deploys six sigma initiatives within the group to improve and ensure engineering quality on portfolio.
- Develops requirements for lighting and other hazloc products and their integration into the digital IoT platform
- Provide leadership to all lifecycle stages including requirements, design & development, verification & validation, launch and field support
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and operations to create high quality products that solve customer problems
- Research, assess, and adapt new technologies necessary for the ongoing evolution of our products
- Monitor, support and participate in industry standards and governmental agencies as required.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in engineering, preferably Mechanical/Electronics from an accredited institution.
- Preferred – Masters in Mechanical/Electronics Engineering, Systems Engineering or relatable discipline
- 15+ years of progressive hands-on experience in design, development and launch of products with several years in project leadership.
- Proven track record of launching products in multiple regions with expertise in leading product development through from ideation stage to commercialization
- 5+ years direct technical experience in leading products and systems with deep domain knowledge in lighting luminaires (conventional & LED). Experience with other harsh & hazardous products will additionally help.
- Experience in industry standards (like IEC, NEC, UL, ATEX) related to lighting products and from Hazardous, Harsh locations
- Innovation mindset demonstrated through patents and new technology introduction experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical people
- Ability to foster collaboration across global development teams
- Abreast of upcoming industry and technology trends, developing technology insertion roadmaps and leading portfolio pipeline
- Strong problem solving and reasoning ability, with critical thinking and proven design skills
- Strong knowledge of Lighting products – commercial, industrial & harsh/hazardous environments
- Extensive product design experience including Design analysis (FEA, CFD), tolerance studies, GD&T etc.
- Design for manufacturability with extensive experience in metal castings etc.
- Design for ease of assembly, serviceability with some expertise in non-metallic materials – gaskets, sealants, coatings
- Strong background in launching products with focus on design for low cost
- Experience with CAD (Solid works, AutoCAD, ProE) and PLM tools (SAP, Enovia)
- Communication skills, Strategic thinking, Drive for result, Accountability, Innovation leadership, Learning Agility, Decision making, Influencing
Location: Hadapsar, Maharashtra
Job date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 06:32:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!