Job title: Associate Data Engineering Manager
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Job description: The Role in Brief:
Enterprise CAC and Professional CAC are products that provide Computer Assisted Coding (CAC) functionality for our clients to increase accuracy, improve compliance, accelerate payments and comply with ICD-10 requirements so that their organizations can capture the revenue earned. The system is built to accept case Demographic information and case documentation via HL7 messages and process them through the Lifecode NLP Engine to provide medical coders with suggested reimbursable codes that can be coded to the case before the case is sent to billing in a downstream billing system.
The role of a Tier 2 engineer is primarily to investigate and troubleshoot issues that are entered into the Issue Tracking system and escalated as a technical issue to the Support Tier 2 team. This could result in changes to the data or if the troubleshooting identifies a product defect, the creation of a Defect to the development organization for remediation. Our secondary role is the support of other internal teams such as implementation for configuration, data analysis and reports from the system we have access to. We are also integral to the system event management process when issues are found either through internal monitoring tools or clients reporting an issue. We manage the War room and provide support to other teams to help remediate immediate issues.
- Troubleshooting application issues
- Troubleshooting HL7 data feeds
- Write Ad-hoc SQL queries to analyze data issues
- Use product knowledge to determine if issues are defects or enhancements
- Work with partner teams to troubleshoot and document defects
- Monitor system performance and troubleshoot possible problems
- Communicate highly technical issues to non-technical personnel
- Work with Clients (Internal & External) to troubleshoot application and system issues
- Analyze and revise existing functional documentation
- Generate innovative ideas to resolve problems
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding all defined target goals and milestone dates for projects in order to ensure overall success
- Assist in training and mentoring team members
- Successfully participate in team building/being a part of team
- Take new processes/methods and work to refine and document
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of highly technical experience supporting SAAS based applications
- 5+ years of experience in writing SQL and procedural scripting using MS SQL
- 3+ years of experience working with Production Operations processes and team
- Demonstrated success working within a collaborative team environment
- Experience working with globally distributed teams to execute daily tasks
- Ability to develop and manage multiple projects with minimal direction and supervision
- Willingness to participate in on-call rotation
- Highly organized with strong analytical skills and excellent attention to details.
- Excellent time management and problems solving skills and capacity to work independently and lead a small team.
- Flexible to adjust to evolving business needs with ability to understand objectives and communicate with non-technical partners.
- Takes ownership of responsibilities and follows through hand-offs to other groups.
- Enjoys a fast paced environment and the opportunity to learn new skills.
- High-performing, motivated and goal-driven.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Experience troubleshooting network issues
- Understanding of network routing and protocols
- Medical Coding/Claim Adjudication experience
- Familiarity with HL7
- Familiarity with Cloud Based Technology
- Familiarity with SaaS installations
- Experience with multi-threaded applications
- Knowledge of Group Policy, Network Permissions and Citrix or Terminal Services installations
- Knowledge of SaaS architecture
- Insurance or healthcare industry experience
- Experience working across teams and proven track record in solution focused problem-solving skills.
- Knowledgeable in building and/or leveraging operational reliability metrics to understand the health of the production support process.
- An eye for improving technical and business processes with proven experience creating standard operating procedures and other technical process documentation.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 23:06:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!