Job title: Wadhwani Foundation – Technology Policy Analyst (12-15 yrs)
Company: Wadhwani Foundation
Job description: Job Overview
Title: Technology Policy Analyst
Reporting: Director, Technology Policy (in the absence of the director; report to CEO)
Organization: Wadhwani Foundation
Function/ Initiative: Wadhwani Institute of Technology Policy (WITP)
The Wadhwani Institute for Technology and Policy (WITP) is a new institution established in India to leverage emerging technologies in ways that improve public service delivery and decision- making. Funded by the Wadhwani Foundation, the philanthropic body established in 2000 by Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, WITP is envisioned to be a globally unique institution with a dual mission, working both, as a think tank and a training academy. WITP is seeking a technology policy analyst to work in our Delhi/Bengaluru office.
The candidate will be responsible for reviewing, researching, assessing, and generating papers on the technology policy of the Government of India. They will help identify gaps in the government’s policies and suggest measures to bridge those gaps. The broad scope of work includes analyzing policy issues of various ministries related to technology and policies that have a technology component. Research topics will range from data security, data storage and sharing, adoption of new age technology (AI/ML/Blockchain/3-D Printing etc.) by governments, to the democratization of technology and data, and more. The objective will be to work to influence policies that will improve public service delivery through the implementation and application of key emerging technologies.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with demonstrable policy analysis skills in new age technology areas like AI/ML, Blockchain, 3-D printing, cyber security, and others. The candidate must perform well under pressure, have strong analytical and writing skills, and be highly detail-oriented. Preference will be given to candidates that possess a technology background and/or have meaningful experience of working within the government sector, think tanks, or other similar organizations and situations.
– Conduct research, review, and analyze current government policies, evaluate the effects of proposed legislation, and report on findings within the technology domain.
– Analyze trends in legislation and governmental policy announcements on the adoption of new age technology.
– Identify issues that need to be addressed through formulation of technology policy, especially in the field of new age technologies.
– Conduct research and prepare analyses, reports, and position papers which will form the basis for formulating policies in support of technological innovation and adoption of new age technology for service delivery.
– Conduct impact analysis of policies and identify areas for mid-term correction.
– Track and advice the WITP team and senior management on trends and developments in the technology policy arena that may affect service delivery of the Government or data managed by it.
– Provide information, documentation, and/or advice concerning the impact of proposed policies on technological innovation and commercialization at both, the central and state levels of government functioning.
– Work with representatives of the academic community and other think tanks on above mentioned issues.
– Work with central and state governments to brainstorm and participate in POCs or Pilot Projects that might need to be executed by WITP as part of their outreach and good governance effort.
Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
– Strong research and analytical skills and an interest in the intersection of technology and policy.
– Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively as part of a larger team and with a variety of colleagues, external partners, and policy leaders.
– Efficient time management and ability to multitask and prioritize competing priorities
– Sound judgment, good analytical and technical capabilities, good oral communication and writing skills, and strong conceptual and strategic thinking skills.
– Ability to work independently with minimal oversight, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, establish priorities, meet deadlines, and solve problems.
– Commitment to WITP’s nonpartisan mission and goals to serve the needs of policy leaders in the government through fact-based recommendations informed by scientific evidence and technical expertise.
– Undergraduate degree in a related field is required. A post graduate degree in public policy, international relations, or related fields is preferred.
– Familiarity and interest in technology and technology policy is an essential requirement.
– 12-15 years of relevant work experience in technology policy analysis or related roles.
– Proficiency in the programs, policies, regulations, and laws related to new age technologies, especially in the domains of data, AI, and related sub-domains.
Job date: Sat, 09 Jul 2022 07:02:18 GMT
Apply for the job now!