Job title: VP – Technical
Company: Standard Chartered
Job description: The Role Responsibilities
- Analyse and determine if existing codes, parameters and functions can be effectively integrated as shared objects with the development of enterprise business components.
- Analyse the data model to identify the associations and relationships between entities and their elements.
- Analyse the data model to identify the data attributes, entity type and elements to be used in the application development.
- Communicate information to team members.
- Conduct regular reviews to control quality of project deliverables and testing processes.
- Develop project communications plan in accordance with communication and knowledge management processes.
- Identify and analyse project risks in accordance with organisational risk policies.
- Identify and map the enterprise business components with the integrated application development and the reusable existing application components.
- Manage project information to ensure that relevant stakeholders are kept updated of progress and changes in project.
- Resource needs to be hands on technical expert on Java technologies and database with primarily on oracle.
- He / she should be good in various integration patterns in bank and handled complec projects with such integrations
- Expert background and hands on experience in workflow tech including BPMN is must
- Should have deep expertise to trouble shoot BAU problem
- Prior experience in designing enterprise application is must
- Hands on development in java Tech is must
- Good people management
- Proven track & record inworking closely with SRE in solving BAU problem is must
- Good hands exp and familiarity of infra design to value add in governance and oversee infra changes is needed
- Manage the quality of the system development process.
- Monitor and control project risks to develop scenarios for variances and risk management plan.
- Recommend follow-up actions to relevant stakeholders.
- Review the developed application.
- Select SDF/RAT based on a set of criteria within the context of the organisation’s Quality Management System (QMS).
- Select relevant tools and techniques to develop programme skeleton of the enterprise business components.
- Developing employee skills and performance through training and coaching
- Hiring, training, and developing new employees to meet organizational needs
- Providing feedback on an employee’s performance, helping to develop an employee’s skills where needed, and addressing performance problems
- Monitoring employee attendance and performance to ensure that they meet required standards of conduct and performance
- Assigning tasks and projects to employees according to their strengths and weaknesses
- Conducting exit interviews with former employees to determine why they are leaving the organization
- Coordinating employee meetings such as staff meetings or team meetings
- Maintaining employee records such as personnel files and documentation of disciplinary actions
- Reviewing employee performance evaluations and providing feedback on areas for improvement
People and Talent
- People and process management skills, ability to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders at appropriate level ensuring open collaborative environment.
- Monitors and nurtures a team environment focused on successful product delivery and continuous improvement while helping build a workplace that people are excited to be a part of, where success is celebrated, and gratitude is freely given.
- Ability to manage and track project risks from identification to closure and help the team to mitigate the risks using acceptable risk mitigation strategies.
- Good Understanding of product planning concepts including personas, minimal viable and minimal marketable product, product visioning and release roadmaps.
- Partners closely with the Programs/Projects lead to ensure that the delivery organization is synchronized with the Programs and Projects objectives.
- Serving as a liaison to communicate information regarding changes, milestones reached, and other pertinent information.
- Extensive change and programme management experience, ideally gained in a software / infrastructure development environment using Agile ways of Working
Our Ideal Candidate
We are seeking talented and motivated individuals for the role of Technical Manager – Scrum Master. Successful candidates will be seasoned Agile practitioners who can assist the team in all the Agile ceremonies in an environment with constant collaborative discussions. They will be matured individuals who are comfortable working in an Agile environment serving as liaison between developers, product owners, partner teams and other major stakeholders. They must be able to identify and escalate transformation impediments to the management team. They will also be involved from the beginning of an initiative to the end of the delivery of new capabilities.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 15+ years of software engineering experience, preferably in banking domain.
- 5+ years of strong experience as Scrum Master for Agile Project(s).
- 5+ years of experience working in Agile methodology.
- Certification as a Scrum Master (CSM or PSM I or equivalent) is highly preferable.
- Experience in agile methodologies and test-driven development.
- Experience in automated software testing
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Experience in stakeholder management. Demonstrated relationship building skills – both internal and external across multiple jurisdictions
- Experience in delivering software in a regulated environment, ideally financial services based to high quality.
- Ability to deliver outcomes efficiently despite complexity and ambiguity
- Strong knowledge of risk and regulatory delivery.
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Recruitment assessments – some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 00:06:48 GMT
Apply for the job now!