Job title: Technical Writer
Job description: About this opportunity
The Technical Writer function is responsible for planning, organizing, writing and maintenance of all end user documentation.
The role also helps coordinate the release of the documentation to internal and external customers.
What you will do
- Create/Update customer documentation, document libraries and online Help. Follow up with domain guides for product, functional and technical information in order to develop the highest quality documentation.
- Assess the impact of product changes on release documentation and create/Edit images and flowcharts using Adobe Photoshop, Visio etc.
- Perform peer review (editorial) for all documents delivered in a product release. Also, Suggest usability improvements to local development teams. Responsibility towards product’s release note and correction note handling. Able to balance multiple projects and perform independently or in a team environment.
- Good communication (English-verbal and written) and presentation skills and the ability to drive the necessary processes and standards to handle and produce quality documentation.
- Should be able to work with Logical/Analytical thinking ability and have the interest in problem solving and zeal for innovative solutions. Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, be a self starter and able to work independently. Ability to perform in a multi-tasking and team-oriented environment
You will bring
- Should have previous experience of technical writing preferably in the Telecom/ Billing Domain! Good experience in writing and editing end user documents like User Manuals, Installation Guides, System Administrator Guides, Functional Description, Release notes etc. Focusing on multi-module solution level documentation!
- Excellent command of the English language and the ability to explain complex technical concepts in clear concise and simple written form is required. Good experience in content management systems like Documentum, DITA CMS, FrameMaker, graphics tools like Adobe Photoshop, MS Visio, advanced MS Word skills.
- Familiarity with tools such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe must be a teammate. Photoshop & Visio, Exposure to tools such as Epic Editor, Snagit, Adobe FrameMaker, Irfan View would be an added advantage.
- Software development model and knowledge (high level); able to grasp system level understanding connecting to module level. Knowledge regarding Agile methods would be given preference and experience of working with Documentation Workflow management tools.
Why Join Ericsson?
At Ericsson, you´ll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and creativity to push the boundaries of what´s possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You´ll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You´ll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
What Happens once you apply?
Click Here to find all you need to know about what our typical hiring process looks like.
Encouraging a diverse and inclusive organization is core to our values at Ericsson, that’s why we nurture it in everything we do. We truly believe that by collaborating with people with different experiences we drive innovation, which is essential for our future growth. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our Ericsson team.
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, learn more. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all individuals participating in the application and interview process. If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability please reach out to email@example.com
Be where it begins
Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your opportunity to make an impact is endless. Share your most innovative ideas, bring your unique perspective and bring your unique perspective in a speak up environment. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you can be the one who makes it possible.
Being a part of our team means having the flexibility to take your career in many different directions, but it also means leveraging the supportive structure of a big organization, with clear personal and professional development opportunities.
We believe that great accomplishments deserve great benefits and transparent rewards. We strive to offer competitive, unbiased, and fair rewards for all our people. We empower you to manage your own time and promote flexible working opportunities, along with family-friendly policies.
to find out more about our benefits.
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 22:04:12 GMT
Apply for the job now!