Job title: Technical Writer
Job description: Radiometer Medical Aps develops products and solutions that help diagnose and care for critically ill hospital patients by providing fast, accurate information on a variety of parameters. On a yearly basis millions of lives are touched by the information our solutions provide and that’s a fact, we take very seriously; the more critical the setting, the greater the requirements are and that’s why we’ve made it our vision to improve global healthcare with reliable, fast and easy patient diagnoses.
Want to know more about our mission and vision?
Click on the link:
This position is for Radiometer team co-located with Beckman Coulter team at Danaher India Development Center (IDC), Bangalore.
IDC is a research and development center with the vision of accelerating product roadmaps across various Danaher business segments. Started in 2014, the center now hosts 500+ associates, for multiple Danaher operating companies focusing on Diagnostics, Life Science, and Environmental and Applied Science segments. The operating companies includes Beckman Coulter, Radiometer, Leica Biosystems, Danaher Digital, Hach, Leica Microsystems, HemoCue, Videojet and Cepheid.
The IDC workforce comprises of various product engineering teams, working on development of software and hardware components of cutting-edge products for, Immunoassay, Chemistry, Hematology, Molecular diagnostics, Oncology, Neurosurgery and Water Quality. IDC has evolved as center of excellence for Cloud and data analytics, with significant contributions to the key informatics solutions. The teams consist of highly hardworking software & hardware engineers and development managers. The teams are supported by local Product managers, Quality & Regulatory and Intellectual property specialists.
The inhouse teams works in close coordination with other global R&D centers at US, France, Germany, Japan, Australia, Denmark and Sweden. Located at the center of Bangalore IT HUB, IDC is housed at state of art facility, admeasuring 120000 sq.ft.
The Technical writer shall work in close connection with the SW development team and shall be part of the scrum team. Combinational skills such as SW testing, UX designing with technical writing is expected. The role will be reporting in to AQURE team manager at Radiometer IDC and will work with the local and Copenhagen team in making the deliverables on time with highest quality.
Future of Work
The person is expected to work on hybrid model (Office and remote presence) with the ability to attend office at a short notice to support the business needs .
- Participating in design development work and user flow discussions.
- Examining user stories, change requests, and draft versions of the application to convert it into user instructions and online help systems to meet customer needs.
- Writing documentation in small pieces and produce it along with the application at the end of each iteration.
- Writing and reviewing text strings for the AQURE software.
- Investigate new technologies within software user assistance and machine translation.
- Gaining knowledge of our customers’ needs by conducting voice-of-customer interviews. Occasional travel may be required.
- Cooperating with the company’s Translation Coordinators to ensure that the company gets products to all markets efficiently, and on time.
- Working with the Technical Publications department, following and developing the Content Strategy.
Proficiencies / Skills / Experience
- [must to have]You have a bachelor’s degree with English specialized language.
- [must to have] Excellent English writing skills are essential. Your high level of speaking, reading, and writing English will come from having a Degree or a certificate of competency in English and from having lived and worked in technical writing for several years.
- [good to have] Experience in authoring a technical manual for a scientific product or medical product.
- Understanding of the principles of UX and its impact on content readability.
- [should know the basics] Experience in authoring using information mapping, DITA topic-based writing, and minimal-ism.
- [should know the basics] Experience with an XML authoring tool.
- [should know the basics] Experience with a CCMS tool, preferably “Publication Manager”.
- Good knowledge of Windows operating system, the Microsoft Edge and Chrome browsers, and configuration files.
- Interest in the future of communication technology.
Language & Personal Skills
Flair & Fluency in English Language – Oral and writing skills is must. Experience in a European language is preferred but not must Certification in Professional Technical Communication is desirable Demonstrated Competency in English (English language) through an International test or equivalent is desirable End-user focused, curious, proactive, persistent, and quality-minded. Analytical, flexible, detail-oriented, organized, team-oriented and service-minded. Able to plan, prioritize and coordinate to ensure that goals are met. Able to collaborate in a constructive, service-minded, and effective manner with subject matter experts.
Computer /IT Knowledge
Demonstrated high-level end-user computer skills with MS office, Adobe tools
Travel (required estimated % of time)
- Not exceeding 10% of the time as business demands and subject to the travel restrictions.
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $19.9B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 5,200% over 25 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Danaher is committed to competitive compensation that typically has key components including base salary, variable annual incentive compensation based on personal and company performance, and long-term incentive.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The “EEO is the Law” poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 202-419-7762 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 07:39:56 GMT
Apply for the job now!