Job title: Technical Lead/Sr. Technical Lead
Company: Colt Technology Services
Job description: Colt provides network, voice and data centre services to thousands of businesses around the world, allowing them to focus on delivering their business goals instead of the underlying infrastructure.
Technical Lead/Sr. Technical Lead
Network Operations Centre
Technical Lead/Sr. Technical Lead – Transmission
Operations & Engineering (Network Operations)
GGN – India
At Colt we are changing the perception of our business and industry sector. As part of this transformation, we are growing new services and teams to facilitate and drive the business to the next level.
Colt provides world-class network and communications services to information–intensive businesses across Europe, Asia and North America. With local market understanding and global reach – Colt is big enough to deliver and small enough to care.
To provide a specialised technical consultancy to a team of monitoring/troubleshooting Engineers with full responsibility and quality of COLT backbone transmission networks, owning all hardware / software alarms generated on the network to resolve any issues escalated by the team and working to further improve and enhance the processes. This will involve managing the appropriate, timely level of escalation on complex, escalated and reoccurring network faults.
- Co-ordinates rapid response to incidents and problems, ensuring that appropriate action is taken to investigate and resolve them
- Determines and initiates preventive measures, such as identifying and investigating suspect software and other components
- Makes decisions and gives information and advice for incident control, in line with SLAs
- Ensures incidents, problems and resolutions are fully documented within the relevant reporting systems and syndicated to all stakeholders
- Monitors deviations from requirements or SLAs and takes appropriate action.
- Process documentation & changes.
- Maintaining Reports & Dashboards.
- Innovations in improving quality of service provided.
- Conduction Audits & Handling escalations.
- Project Support related to NOC
- Coordination & regular follow ups with different support teams to ensure Incidents are being
- Worked on & resolved within SLA.
- Ensuring Daily Schedule of activities is followed, all emails are acknowledged.
- Liaises with internal departments for fault resolution.
- Manage and coordinate with related teams other teams, such as Field Maintenance, TRC or TAN teams.
- Ensure all department processes and procedures are accurate.
Key performance indicators (financial and non-financial)
- Maintaining SLA, NES, CSAT and Repair time within agreed limits.
- Ensure effective customer communication while handling customer faults, Major incident and customer communication
Relationships and key contacts
- List the key and regular relationships inside and outside of the company e.g. regulators, customer groups
- Indicate the level of contacts e.g. senior leaders, government
Role specific requirements
Skills & Experience
- In depth knowledge of Network Management platforms.
- Thorough understanding of concepts and Working / Hands-on knowledge & experience of transmission technologies (SDH – Marconi, Nortel, Lucent, DWDM, CWDM. ASON, POS, MSP )
- Has a logical/methodical approach to fault finding including working on NOC Ticketing systems
- Working / Hands-on knowledge & experience of optical WDM & DWDM networks (Adva, Infinera, Nortel)
- Working knowledge of Ethernet / Metro-Ethernet networks (Preferably Nokia Siemens Network MSP, Alcatel Lucent MSP )
- Understanding of IP principles.
- Experience of Netcool, Smarts.
- Ability to work without direct supervision, remaining highly motivated in an environment where individuals are empowered
- Must demonstrate a strong and calm character when working to achieve results against very tight timescales
- Ability to control complex technical situations in a calm and professional manner.
Electronics & Communication Engineer (Diploma or B.E.) with 8 to 12 years’ experience in Network Management / O&M profile in multi-vendor environment
Fluent in English (written and spoken).
- Results oriented
- Collaborative team player
- Be aware of Colt Information security, business continuity, quality and other ISO or equivalent policies/ industry standards and discharge duties against them as appropriate.
- Identify risks related to process and information security and treat/ mitigate the same as appropriate
Our values reflect our culture and what we care about. They are part of who we are, what we stand for and how we act.
What we offer:
Colt is a growing business that is investing in its people. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognizes the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Access to Online-learning Platform
- Business mentoring
- option of parking slots in the Colt Campus
- lunch vouchers
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 22:37:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!