Job title: TECHNICAL CONSULTING ENGINEER (CMS ) – 10+ Years | Routing | Switching
Company: Cisco Systems
Job description: What you do
Cisco Managed Services group seeks a Customer Support Engineer with expertise in Routing & Switching, Service Provider Technologies. As a Customer Support Engineer in our special team you will gain hands-on experience and the ability to earn industry-leading certifications. You will be a strategic partner to our customers, saving their business from the impact of network incidents, solving and preventing the recurrence of technical issues. You will solve our customers’ toughest problems, ensuring that our customers get expected business outcomes, providing a superior customer experience. You will also be providing escalation layer support for CMS NOC customers.
Who you’ll work with
Cisco is a team of special guides whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, growing customer happiness metrics, industry recognition, and employee happiness scores. Your opportunity to impact the health and performance of networks and systems that surround us all are limitless. Your career growth options will be BOLD, as we realize our vision to become the #1 IT Company in the world. Make an impact with us!
The team is group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and passionate engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. “Work hard, play harder” is the motto of the team.
The team is a good mix of engineers with varying years of experience (from 3 years all the way to 12 years) in Cisco technologies and solutions, and each-and-every-one of them bring great value to the table.
Our team has global presence located in 2 US centres, 3 centres in EMEA and 2 India centres.
Who you are
- Provide remote troubleshooting support to resolve network related issues
- Deliver expert level technical assistance and troubleshooting for resolving critical production issues for strategic customers
- Providing escalation layer support for CMS NOC customers
- Effectively craft and utilize complex lab setups to duplicate and solve problems, validate planned changes to software and hardware design
- Applies analytical skills and technical knowledge to solve product and network problems of moderate to high complexity
- Ability to grasp complex design concepts quickly and be able to provide the right solutions to the clients
- Develop and maintain technical and architecture leadership
- Maintain strong relationship with customer and internal Cisco teams
- Understand customer’s technical and operating environment to provide quick and effective outcomes
- Possess detailed knowledge of customer network, critical sites, operating procedures as agreed upon with customer
- Customer-specific designated support at network level to resolve and debug complex networking problems
- Support for critical network outages and sophisticated issues
- Ability to fix implementation problems on the fly during migrations
- Maintain effective and proactive communications across Cisco and Customer eco-system
- Analyse, configure and fix large complex networks with mixed media and protocols
- Dedicatedly monitor and review the progress of all customer cases and engage as necessary
- Respond to network management system alarms according to established processes
- Effectively work with multi-functional teams to resolve major customer issues
Attributes of a successful candidate
- Excellent TCP/ IP networking skills
- In depth understanding of Routing and Switching protocols – STP,PVSTP,MSTP,LLDP, OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, ISIS, BGP etc. with strong hands on troubleshooting experience
- Having strong knowledge on DMPVN and SDWAN technologies
- Hands on, on the Cisco ASR9k,ASR1k & Nexus 5k/7k/9k series platform and working knowledge on various Cisco IOS,IOS-XR & IOX-XE platforms
- Experience with MPLS technology including L2/L3 VPN and traffic engineering. And fixing various MPLS & its application related issues. e.g. VPLS/MPLS-TE etc.
- Experience with Configuring and fixing Cisco routers and switches
- Possess strong Communication Skills (Written/Verbal/Presentation)
- Fantastic team player
- Flexibility in working hours to work in a 24×7 environment
- A creative, positive and proactive can-do attitude and a willingness to learn new technologies, processes and procedures
- Works towards continuous learning, results orientation and stronger partnership
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressured, multi-functional, cross country, territory and theatre environment
- BE/BTech degree with 10+ years of related experience in IT industry
- Customer Support/Managed Services Experience (7+ years)
- Fluency in soundness disciplines (availability, security, etc.) and operational disciplines (systems management, change management, etc.)
- CCIE R&S/SP required
- Python knowledge desired
- ITIL knowledge desired
- Proven track record in an industry or horizontal solution area
- Ability to tackle problems with innovative ideas. Assume complete ownership with regards to the engagement with client and partners
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco’s employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Fri, 26 Aug 2022 22:38:26 GMT
Apply for the job now!