Job title: Technical Consultant – ENS
Company: Fidelity International
Job description: About the opportunity
Purpose of your role:
A Technical Consultant within Enterprise Network Services (ENS) will be expected to have a fundamental network understanding, including excellent knowledge of network, Firewall and Security technologies, from best of breed vendors. This highly technical and service focussed position will involve Operational support of the Fidelity global Network including change and service improvement opportunities. The ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse geographical based team is essential.
ENS provide services to all areas of the Fidelity business, operating a regional delivery function that identifies and drives tasks and initiatives to completion. The ability to work well with project managers and senior stakeholders is fundamental; also the need to be able to work under pressure within a busy and reactive environment is essential.
Your key accountabilities:
- Conduct yourself as a seasoned technical professional.
- ENS stakeholder, delivering regional ‘One team’ approach.
- Responsible for operation excellence and taking appropriate ownership
- Participate in and adhere to ENS engineering.
- Ensure delivered solutions transition into ‘supportable services’ via the ready for service framework.
- Mentor and cross train ENS staff as required
Your skills and experience:
- Overall 10+ years of experience in the Network and Firewall domain.
- Should be considered a Network security expert
- Excellent understanding of network architecture, design and support (related to the specified technologies)
- Excellent understanding of Network security technologies architecture, design, delivery and support.
- Good understanding of application architecture and how network security aspects can complement the application requirements
- Proven delivery experience is essential, preferably with a financial services company
- Proven Service Management (ITIL) experience, specifically incident, problem and change management
- Delivering service within a high pressure environment
- Diligent, thorough and professional
- Service Oriented, business aware and customer focused
- Motivated, with a positive (can-do) and enthusiastic attitude
- Good organisational and planning skills, with attention to detail
- Good documentation skills, including writing policies and procedures
- Confident, influential and able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience of supporting network technologies
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP and network switching & routing
- Understanding of network requirements, able to identify/discuss viable solutions
- In-depth understanding of network security aspects on skills like F5, Palo Alto, Juniper, Checkpoint etc.
- Knowledge of monitoring and analysis tools (SolarWinds, Riverbed Shark, Wireshark, etc)
- Knowledge of DNS & DHCP (IPAM)
- Ability to cope with demanding schedules and pressured deadlines
- Must be flexible in approach to work content and responsibilities
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Must be able to interact with customers (the business) and technicians effectively
- F5 Big-IP – LTM (iRules) GTM & ASM) – BigIQ
- Palo Alto, Juniper and Checkpoint firewall technologies and management platforms
- Juniper SA/MAG (PulseSecure)
- Bluecoat proxies
- SD-WAN Technologies and Cisco ACI skills preferred
- Cloud Security / proxies (Zscalar) skills preferred
- Professional qualifications (against relevant technologies)
- Project Management qualifications and experience Standard, also the ISO20000 and ISO27001 standards
- Enthusiastic about technology, innovative in approach
- Ability to thrive in a technology driven, rapidly changing and expanding environment
- A desire to do things the right way, whilst remaining focused on team and business objectives
Requirements of Role:
- This role expects a level of out of hours and weekend working
- This role expects on-call participation (allowance provided)
- This role does require occasional working from other Fidelity UK offices. ENS also have significant operations in India, APAC and Central Europe so a willingness to travel is advantageous.
About Fidelity International
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.56 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $783.6 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond.
We are committed to being a truly flexible employer, encouraging and trusting our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our business, our colleagues and our clients. We offer the maximum possible flexibility over where and when you work for all, considering your role and any local regulations. We call this new approach “dynamic working”.
Find out more about what we do, our history, our new approach of “dynamic working” and how you could be a part of our future at
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 22:37:53 GMT
Apply for the job now!