Job title: Tech Lead Site Reliability Engineer
Company: NICE CXone
Job description: Description
Site Reliability Engineer
NICE is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer. Candidates will work supporting large complex enterprise software clients including applications, servers, SQL, network and must have excellent problem-solving skills. As we expand our customer deployments, we are currently seeking an experienced SRE to deliver insights from massive scale data in real time. Specifically, we are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
The Site Reliability Engineer works as an operational resource for a specific software application or suite of applications and accompanying infrastructure. This includes implementation of new systems as well as providing mid-level and escalation support for other groups and working to resolve production issues in conjunction with development, operational, and architectural resources.
Objectives of this Role:
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline
- Experience with distributed storage technologies like NFS, HDFS, Ceph, S3 as well as dynamic resource management frameworks (Mesos, Kubernetes, Yarn)
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
- Excellent English verbal and writing communication skills
- Team player – ability to work well in a close team environment
- Fast learner with ability to educate her/himself on relevant technologies
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Ability to remain focused and calm under pressure
NICE is committed to provide an environment based on equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees. It is the policy of NICE to afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals, regardless of age, race, color, creed, religion, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sex, gender, pregnancy, mental or physical disability, marital status, veteran status, service in the Armed Forces, sexual or affectional orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood traits, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic or sexual violence, and/or any other status protected by any applicable federal, state and/or local statute or regulation.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 03:09:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!