Job title: Sr. Project Leader / Project Leader (Technical writing) – Technical Documentation
Company: Atlas Copco
Job description: The Role
Technical documentation team aims to be the preferred partner to make effective technical documentation and information available on demand through apt channel for producing right results.
We are looking for a dynamic and result driven “Sr. Project Leader / Project Leader” for the Technical writing team in technical documentation competence.
The mission of the Sr. Project leader/ project leader is to establish and develop a team of reviewers, translation coordinators and legal coordinators.
What you can expect from us?
- An opportunity to develop a completely new team
- Full ownership of review processes and system of technical writing
- Represnt GECIA technical writing team on different platforms like community of gaovernance, PTM and various councils
- Privilege To interact and brainstorm with competence leaders from various divisions, business areas to implement divisional/ business area level projects
- opportunity to grow in professional career
What we expect of you?
The Sr. project leader / project leader will be responsible for establishing and strengthening a new team in technical writing competence.
Team of Reviewers (content and source code): * Create strong technical review process for all business areas (CTBA, VTBA, ITBA, PTBA) and implement it.
- Automate the review process to improve accuracy and efficiency
- Develop the team of reviewers by continuous trainings (products, processes etc), brainstorming sessions, working on inputs from quality team & community of governance.
Team of translation reviewers: * Establish and develop the team of translation reviewers to strengthen the language competency of the technical writing team
- Find the suitable language translation agencies, align them with GECIA-Technical documentation vision and develop them to provide the right services to exceed end customer’s expectation
- Create and implement the review process, optimise process time to time and automate it with the help of strong team of translation coordinators.
Team of Legal reviewers * Establish and develop the team of Legal reviewers to strengthen the legal compliance of the technical writing competence
- Find the suitable legal agencies, align them with GECIA-Technical documentation vision and develop them to provide the right services to exceed end customer’s expectation
- Create and implement the review process, optimise process time to time and automate it with the help of strong team of legal coordinators.
To develop team for the current and future challenges and opportunities:
- Discuss updates, red flags and unresolved issues with SDH weekly, during weekly review meetings
- Make mid-course corrections to project plan and seek sign off from the SDH
- Conduct regular vendors meetings, team meetings and meeting with SDH to achieve vision and enhance customer experience
- Develop dashboards and monitoring system to analyse the progress of competence development and
- Participate in various meetings like community of governance, technical council, PTM to understand the current and future expectations and prepare the team to fulfil those expectations
- Act as an effective change agent to implement the new systems and software for sustainability
- Establish the good relationship with all stakeholders, technical authors from GECIA, other product companies, members of council and communities for the constructive teamwork.
Contribute to make GECIA – a home of industrial ideas:
- Contribute to GECIA level projects like Skill Matrix and CMM (Competency maturity Model)
- Introduce and implement the efficiency improvement and automation projects
- Lead the divisional / BA level projects to integrate the systems
Skills and experience:
- Strong management sills like Stakeholder management, team management etc
- Experience in engineering department, product development, engineering services would be preferred
- Experience in creation and reviewing of Instruction Manuals, Spare Parts Books, Assembly Instructions, Production Instructions would be a plus.
Key competence required
- Good knowledge of people management and competence development
- knowledge of practices and processes followed by various divisions and business areas
- thorough knowledge of products, processes, and emerging technologies
- 8 to 12 years’ experience. B. E. Mechanical or Electrical, MBA advantageous.
- First-hand experience of working on Technical documentation Processes would be an added advantage.
- Strong leadership quality
- High level of communication skills
- Ability to direct, guide and coach the team to achieve the team goals
- The ability to self-motivate and motivate a team
Last Day to Apply
Passionate people create exceptional things
Did you know that the solutions we develop are a key part of most industries? Electronics, medical research, renewable energy, food production, infrastructure and many more. We´re everywhere!
Working with us means working with the latest technologies and groundbreaking, sustainable innovations. With our inclusive and caring environment, you get the support and inspiration you need to grow. Here, your ideas are embraced, and you never stop learning.
Interested in being part of our team? Join us on our journey for a better tomorrow.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 04:28:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!