Job title: Sr. Manager – Government Relations
Company: Dream Sports Group
Job description: Dream Sports (DS) Legal & Public Policy is the in house legal, public policy and government affairs function that supports all divisions within the Dream Sports ecosystem on varied issues relating to the existing as well as prospective businesses for the group ranging from General Corporate, M&A, Fundraise, Structuring, Litigation and Litigation strategy, IP strategy, registration, monitoring and enforcement, Data Protection etc.
The team is also is responsible for developing and advocating solutions to policy opportunities and managing regulatory challenges in the online fantasy sports and sports technology domain, dealing with the government, industry associations, civil society, and leading think tanks.
- Developing a comprehensive government affairs, industry & media strategy to help achieve organisation objectives
- Building strong relationships with government and industry stakeholders to ring fence and promote Fantasy Sports and other affiliated businesses
- Identifying threats, challenges and opportunities in advance and collaborating/executing efficiently with policy teams and management to mitigate risks and create favourable outcomes
- Assisting the leadership team in strategic partnerships with media, industry influencers, academia and polity to solve for negative perceptions and public concerns on fantasy sports
- Contributing to the legal, policy communications and PR teams on GR communication strategy
- Carrying out stakeholder mapping with deep insights and live tracking/monitoring of the regulatory, legal and government landscape on a Pan India basis
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a GR /Policy professional in a think tank/MNC/Indian tech company/ regulatory or government agency or Indian consultancy
- Masters/Bachelors degree preferably in Political Science/Economics/Public Policy/Law or equivalent practical experience
- Demonstrable experience of working with a variety of stakeholders at the centre and state and successfully executing strategies
- Working knowledge of the legislature, judiciary and arms of the government with an active network of government officials/polity in Central & various State Governments
- Experience and ability of working with media and industry bodies and academia
Good to Have:
- Prior understanding of regulatory and policy-related issues pertaining to fantasy sports
is India’s leading sports technology company with brands such as , the world’s largest fantasy sports platform, , a premier digital sports platform that personalizes content and commerce for all sports fans, , a sports experiences platform, and , a payment solutions provider. It has founded the to help and champion sportspeople and is an active member of the , the nodal body for the Fantasy Sports industry in India.
Founded in 2008 by Harsh Jain and Bhavit Sheth, Dream Sports is always working on its mission to ‘Make Sports Better’ and is located in Mumbai. Dream Sports has been featured as a ‘Great Places to Work’ by the Great Place to Work Institute for four consecutive years. It is also the only sports tech company among India’s best companies to work for in 2021.
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Job date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 05:23:43 GMT
Apply for the job now!