Job title: Specialist, Global Technical Support
Job description: Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world – picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified below and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide system level post-sales support for CIENA’s Customer base. This includes testing, troubleshooting and remote technical support for CIENA products.
Knowledge and experience with personal computers, Microsoft office suite of software.
Basic level expertise in data communications protocols including Ethernet and IP networks is required.
Experience with Element Management or Network Management systems would be and asset.
- Provide remote technical support (via telephone or on line) for identified CIENA products 24×7 when required. On call duty includes evenings and weekends.
- Provide on-site support to Customers where required.
- Communicate with Design and Supply Chain on problems / issues found in the field.
- Utilize debug tools as well as lab research to aid Customer’s technical problem. Recover information necessary to escalate the incident/issue to senior engineers. Escalation may eventually include Engineering/Design, Product/Project Management, Documentation, or Training
- Work with Quality Assurance, Design, Product Management, Technical Publications, and Training to provide Customer feedback.
- Create, review, validate and publish required MOP/KB/FSB documents describing solutions and procedures
- Contribute to knowledgebase.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Proficiency with various software applications including Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills and an ability to work from broad guidelines with minimal supervision
- Familiar with various types of test equipment for optical and protocol testing.
- Exposure to with system level troubleshooting on Layer 2/4 networks and associated DCN networks.
- L2: Bridging/Switching, VLANs, QinQ, CFM services, G.8032 architecture, Static MPLS-TP
- L3: IPv4 and IPv6 routing (basic understanding), Routing protocols – OSPF, IS-IS, MP-BGP, MPLS-TP and MPLS-TE, L2VPN and L3VPN, Segment Routing, Ethernet VPN, Seamless MPLS
- Good abilities to build relationships build and strong Customer focus
- Team player that is ready to contribute or lead elements of troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Ability to deal with stressful situations with colleagues and customers
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in English language both verbal and written
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science) from a four-year college or university
- 2-10 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience – the position level can be adjusted
- Experience in a technical support role with an equipment vendor in the Telco industry.
- Problem solving experience and expertise in the areas of Carrier Ethernet equipment, optical equipment, or associated management networks and products is a plus
Being You @ Ciena
As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination. Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We do not charge any fee for employment and the same applies to the Recruitment Partners we work with. Additionally, we do not ask for any refundable security deposit to be paid in bank accounts for employment purposes. We request candidates to be cautious of misleading communications and not pay any fee/ deposit to individuals/ agencies/ employment portals on the pretext of attending Ciena’s interview process or seeking employment with us.
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 06:09:59 GMT
Apply for the job now!