Job title: Software Development Engineer, Amazon Pharmacy
Job description: DESCRIPTION
Want to be part of a team solving significant customer problems through innovative technologies? Our team solves significant customer problems in the consumable space (Amazon Pharmacy and other confidential categories) using cutting edge technologies. Our emerging technologies team, within India Consumable organization, is looking for a passionate, motivated, and determined Software Development Engineer to join our team to help invent the future.
You will co-own the complete consumer and seller experience for Amazon India, work on a wide range of technologies (including AWS and EC2) and build and operate highly scalable, low latency mobile first products and services. We are also solving last mile engineering challenges around Mobile, Product Discovery, Delivery, Payments, Logistics and more.
What we do: – Amazon pharmacy team is focused on fulfilling customer needs around OTC and prescription medicines across all convenience channels.
· We strive to create simple experiences using latest technologies that remove friction and obstacles for customers even if it requires heavy lifting from our end.
· We ensure the highest levels of security and privacy for our customers. Our decisions reflect our customer’s expectations about how Amazon will treat their sensitive health information.
· We empower our customers to be owners of their health by improving information, availability and removing complexity in understanding their health.
Opportunities you will get: – Work closely with business teams and other engineers on the team to gather requirements, design, implement and deploy applications
· Own the delivery of an integral piece of a system or application
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
· Assist directly and indirectly in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
· Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts
What are we looking for: – The candidate should strive to be a leader, committed to learning, and be able to work independently.
· They should be able to operate in an environment where time to hit market is critical. The candidate will need to balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science and years of Software Development experience.
· Possess an extremely sound understanding of basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
· Excellent coding skills in an object oriented language such as Java and Scala.
· Great problem solving skills and propensity to learn and develop tech talent.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to think big about a problem statements, recommend alternative technical approaches and build optimal solutions.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Good understanding of AWS services such as S3, DynamoDB, Lambda etc.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Tue, 15 Mar 2022 06:05:06 GMT
Apply for the job now!