Job title: Software Consulting Engineer
Company: Cisco Systems
Job description: What You’ll Do
Cisco Systems has an open opportunity for an engineer capable of covering Cisco’s Software Defined and automation portfolios. It is expected that the successful candidate will have wide and deep knowledge of software defined technologies, software automation, development approaches/methodologies and would have extensive experience in developing operational models to support transitions.
The candidate will support Cisco’s large SP customers. As such, there is an expectation that he/she will be able to work with customers to create and execute on customers IT transformation. From early engagement with the customer gathering requirements to solution delivery and execution of the solution would follow under the charter. The role requires stakeholders’ influence & management skills, deep technology insight, ability to collaborate among teams to drive Cisco and customer success.
- The engineer will typically be responsible for closely working with customer to understand their pain points, freezing requirements and develop/deploy required automation solution built around Cisco product folio.
- The engineer will build these solutions following Cisco guidelines, best practices and well-defined processes to ensure high quality deliverables.
- The engineer will setup local lab environment to test and demonstrate automation solution.
- The engineer will share his/her knowledge with other people in writing technical documents and enlarge the knowledge database.
- The engineer will provide internal and/or external technical presentations for collaboration within Cisco as well as with Customer.
- The engineer will escalate any specific problems to the Customer Experience (CX) leads or relevant Business Units for product enhancement.
- The engineer will work closely with his colleagues to achieve common goals.
- The engineer will strive to technical excellence and expertise.
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco Customer Experience (CX) is a team of world-class technical experts whose #1 focus is to help customers deploy and operate their networks effectively while delivering the best possible customer experience. Our success is validated through outstanding financial results, increasing customer satisfaction metrics, industry recognition, and employee satisfaction scores.
Who You Are
- Experience in Software design, development, testing –
- Core Java
- Web/App Server – IIS /Tomcat Apache/JBoss
- Web Services (REST / SOAP)
- XML / XSLT / JSON / REGEX
- PostgreSQL / MS SQL / MySQL
- Exposure to Object Oriented Programing and software design concepts
- Exposure to Unix / Linux environments
- Good understanding of TCP/IP & Networking concepts
- Exposure to Virtualization domain (VMware or OpenStack)
· Expertise working in IDE environments like Eclipse
- Experience in working in face-to-face roles with customers in both technology development and delivery functions. Preferably deep delivery execution experience with large enterprise or service provider customers.
- Experience in all phases of software development lifecycle with good working exposure to agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, team player, service oriented
- Hands-on development experience is must
- Exposure to Micro services architecture
- Experience in NetConf, Yang Modelling, Tail-f/NCS/NSO
- BE/B.Tech/ME/M.Tech/MS in Computer Science/IT/Software Systems with 3-6 years of relevant experience
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco Covid-19 Vaccination Requirements
The health and safety of Cisco’s employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 22:52:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!