Job title: Senior Systems Engineer
Company: Micron Technology
Job description: Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Join an inclusive team passionate about one thing: using their expertise in the relentless pursuit of innovation for customers and partners. The solutions we build help make everything from virtual reality experiences to breakthroughs in neural networks possible. We do it all while committing to integrity, sustainability, and giving back to our communities. Because doing so can fuel the very innovation we are pursuing.
JR30319 Senior Systems Engineer
Team member will work regularly with Micron’s Business Units to ensure Solutions meet or exceed Business Requirements. Team member will be expected to Suggest, Promote, and Leverage published standards to minimize environment complexity and ensure regulatory as well as license compliance. Team member will have the opportunity to travel to other Micron sites as well as Technology Conferences and Trainings.
As part of team member responsibilities, you will be required to:
- Provide day to day technology directions within Linux and Windows hosts in Lab, Data Center and Cloud environments.
- Maintain Global Collaboration with the other Micron IT and Engineering Teams
- Provide Operational Support Escalation, and Project Execution
- Provide Incident and Problem Management
- Maintain OLA and SLA agreements with Engineering teams
- Identify opportunities to update or retire legacy tools and methodologies
- Identify scalable technologies that can improve our support of the Engineering tools and services.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Continually improve operations through routine monitoring of system performance metrics and proactive actions.
- Review System Logs, Trend Analysis, Configuration, Incident and Problem Management processes.
- Recommend Architectural changes when needed, and work to improve Performance, High Availability, Scalability, Security, or propose Innovative Technologies.
- Ensure Architectural Consistency and provides Technical Direction through Roadmap Process, Knowledge Management, Disaster Recovery Plan development and Testing.
- Create all the necessary Documentation for any changes in the environment, or Innovative Technology deployments as Reference Architecture for the Local support teams.
Required Skillsets include, but are not limited to:
- 5-10 years of Linux system administration, LDAP, BASH scripting
- PowerShell scripting
- Revision Control (Git/Bitbucket)
Desired Skillsets include, but are not limited to:
- Windows PC and Server administration, Active Directory, PowerShell scripting
- Ansible, Kubernetes / OpenShift, RH Satellite, Zabbix
- Virtual Machines, Containers, Cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- CI / CD (Jenkins)
About Micron Technology, Inc.
We are an industry leader in innovative memory and storage solutions transforming how the world uses information to enrich life for all . With a relentless focus on our customers, technology leadership, and manufacturing and operational excellence, Micron delivers a rich portfolio of high-performance DRAM, NAND, and NOR memory and storage products through our Micron® and Crucial® brands. Every day, the innovations that our people create fuel the data economy, enabling advances in artificial intelligence and 5G applications that unleash opportunities – from the data center to the intelligent edge and across the client and mobile user experience.
To learn more, please visit micron.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please note that in order to assist in providing a safe and healthy workplace for all Micron team members, new employment offers for jobs based in India, Malaysia, Singapore, and the U.S., are contingent upon the applicant’s provision of a copy of their COVID-19 vaccination document to Micron on a confidential basis prior to their scheduled start date confirming that they have completed the COVID-19 vaccination process, subject to any written request for medical or religious accommodation and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Job date: Sun, 10 Jul 2022 22:23:47 GMT
Apply for the job now!