Job title: Senior Software Developer
Company: Springer Nature
Job description: Springer Nature opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people. For over 175 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities – enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
Visit: and follow
We are on a quest to find a Senior Software Developer to join our team and make the most of working in a fun environment while learning from the best.
About The Unit
The Data & Analytics Solutions – IT team is responsible for providing the necessary technical and domain expertise required to create and maintain the databases and shared services for our end customers. Our flagship products namely SpringerMaterials, Experiments, ADIS Insight & Pearl are built by a team of developers, QAs, BAs, UI & UX experts and SMEs, who collaborate to ensure easy accessibility of relevant data. We follow a problem statement and user experience driven approach to ensure the right data is available in the simplistic way for the scientific community.
Years of Experience: 5+ years
Educational Qualification: B.Sc., BCA, BCS, B.E., B.Tech, M.Tech, MCA and M.Sc.
The job is based in Pune where you will as part of Springer Nature’s digital product development team. You’ll be part of our big community of developers located in Germany, UK and India, to name a few.
(Note: Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, you are expected to work from home until further notice)
Must Have skills:
- Java 8 or above (Hands on)
- HTML5, CSS3
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Design Pros/Cons, Trade-Offs
- Clean code / Technical Debt / Refactoring
- Micro-services / SOA Know-how
- Agile Mindset
Good to have skills:
- No-SQL DB designing / tuning
- Messaging and tools knowhow (Kafka, Rabbit MQ, etc.)
- Babel, Webpack
- RDBMS DB Query Writing / tuning
- XP Practices (TDD / ATDD, Pair Programming, etc)
- Performance Tuning
- Lean / Mean Design
1. Own and consistently deliver high quality end-to-end product features keeping in view technical & business expectations
2. Add rich features to the product which will deliver substantial business value
3. Pioneer clean coding and continuous code refactoring
4. Understands and appreciates existing design and architecture of the product
5. Understands pros and cons of various technology options available
6. Takes technical ownership of some of sub-systems of the product
7. Makes changes in the product designs to achieve required business value / mileage
8. Identify and addresses technical debts
9. Understands technical vision and road-map of the product and expectations
10. Understands purview of key pieces of deliverables and own few of these pieces
Visit the Springer Nature Editorial and Publishing website at for more information about our Research E&P career opportunities.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 23:59:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!