Job title: Senior Medical Coder – Bangalore
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Job description: .
- Review of Medical records and assign/validate the appropriate clinical ICD-10-CM, CPT and HCPCS codes.
- Maintain accuracy, integrity and quality of coded patient data.
- Adhere to the company TAT for coding.
- Ensure code best suits the patient’s clinical condition according to coding regulations and patient’s recent medical care, site of that care and procedures.
- Query providers as necessary to obtain accurate and complete documentation to facilitate optimal coding.
- Ensure coding is done at the highest appropriate level of specificity supported by the medical documentation and monitor for opportunities to educate providers on documentation required for optimal specificity.
- Fluent with communication, should be able to teach on given subject
- Good subject knowledge to handle day to day concerns of own as well as peers’
- Provide feedback and suggestions to providers regarding coding accuracy.
- HCC or ICD-10-CM coding and auditing experience is mandatory.
- CPT and HCPCS coding experience will be added advantage.
- Ensure compliance with and adhere strictly to all regulatory coding guidelines including:
- ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
- AHA Coding Clinics
- CMS Medicare Part C instructions and requirements for diagnostic coding.
- Following HIPAA and confidentiality of information
Must Have Experiences
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Thorough knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and medical terminology
- Abide by AHIMA and/or AAPC coding Code of Ethics
- Complies with Landmark Health policies, procedures
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we’re doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we’re building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we’re looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant – and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Location: New Delhi
Job date: Thu, 14 Jul 2022 22:39:19 GMT
Apply for the job now!