Job title: Senior Data Engineer
Company: Cornerstone OnDemand
Job description: We’re looking for a
Senior Data Engineer
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be architecting, designing, implementing and building data processing frameworks that handle the business’s growing database. The role of the Senior Data Engineer is responsible for building and maintaining optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting. He works with senior data science leadership as well as other Data and Analytics teams in leveraging data with reporting and scientific tools.
Senior Data Engineer – AWS & Redshift
Experience: 8-12 years
In this role you will…
· Designing and building full end-to-end Data Warehouse infrastructure from the ground up on AWS Redshift for large scale data handling Millions of records every day
· Optimizing and tuning the Redshift environment, enabling queries to perform up to 100x faster for Power BI, Tableau and SAS Visual Analytics
· Write various data normalization jobs for new data ingested into Redshift
· Defined and deployed monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS.
· Strong Data Modeling and Query building capability to create complex data structures.
· Responsible for Designing Logical and Physical data modelling for various data sources on AWS Redshift
· Define overall data ingestion architecture leveraging CDC, Data Integration, Data Quality & Data Governance concepts. Design best practice technical and business solutions using change data capture & data integration technologies.
· Analyzing existing integration ecosystem, designing future state architecture & configuring for large and complex implementations
· Implemented Work Load Management (WML) in Redshift to prioritize basic dashboard queries over more complex longer-running adhoc queries. This allowed for a more reliable and faster reporting interface, giving sub-second query response for basic queries
· Employ comprehensive unit testing process to ensure the delivery meets the business requirements without compromising performance. Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues. Debug, tune and optimize code for optimal performance.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills
· Able to estimate for the delivery of Integration components
· Able to work on technical aspects and help tackle complex items
· Strong attention to detail and outstanding analytical and Problem-solving skills
· Consideration of privacy and security obligation
Platform/Tools: AWS Redshift, AWS Data Pipeline, S3, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server, AWS Data Migration Services, Jenkins
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
· BE/BTech/MCA/MBA in Computer Sciences
· Strong hands-on AWS Redshift and SQL Server
· Strong SQL development skills including writing Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, and User Defined functions.
· Expert in Query Tuning and Performance optimization and Implementing Work Load management.
· Experience on Cloud Databases and Data warehouses (SQL Azure and Confidential Redshift/RDS).
· Proficient in AWS Architechture (Redshift, EC2, EMR, Pipelines, Dynamo DB, RDS, Athena, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, Lambda, SNS, S3, Glue and Athena)
· Understanding of ETL and Informatica tools will be added advantage
· Prior Knowledge of SalesForce and its data model is a plus point
· Good understanding of software development methodologies, including Agile (Scrum) with tools like JIRA, Confluence
· Experience and knowledge in various data interchange and representation formats such as JSON, XML
· Expert in developing Complex SSRS Reports involving Sub Reports, Matrix/Tabular Reports, Drill Through, Drill Down
· Experience working in Onsite/Offshore Scrum Agile team with cross functional stakeholders
· Exposure to Cloud deployment (AWS/GCP/AZURE)
· Must have 8+ yrs. of experience in development, maintenance and enhancement experience in Data warehouses & Data Lake ecosystem
· Must have at least TWO end-to-end projects using Informatica technology stack with team size of more than 3 developers Strong expertise in development, maintenance, and enhancement of Informatica Mappings, Work-flows, and processes Good experience in Power Exchange CDC tools and should have worked extracting data from different source system like SAP, Oracle, SFDC etc.
· Ticket handling and problem ticket analysis skills Education and Experience Requirement
· Experience in performance trouble shooting and remediation Experience in Big Data Ecosystem Experience in Dev Ops & CI/CD concepts
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people ask what our team is about, we point to our core values: champion customer success, bring our best, achieve together, get stuff done, and innovate every day. We’re always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal and we are seeking diversity in the people who join our team. We want to make sure that our company reflects the demographic of our customers, clients, and the communities in which we operate. So if you want to work for a friendly, global, inclusive and innovative company, we’d love to meet you!
What We Do:
Cornerstone is a premier people development company. We believe people can achieve anything when they have the right development and growth opportunities. We offer organizations the technology, content, expertise and specialized focus to help them realize the potential of their people. Featuring comprehensive recruiting, personalized learning, modern training content, development-driven performance management and holistic employee data management and insights, Cornerstone’s people development solutions are successfully used by more than 75 million people in 180+ countries and in nearly 50 languages.
Cornerstone takes special care to ensure the security and privacy of the data of its users.
Check us out on , , , and !
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Thu, 20 Jan 2022 02:33:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!