Job title: SDK/API Support – EPSG – GS
Job description: Job Description
SDK/API Developer Support
Technical Support Engineer – GS
Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
Are you passionate about learning new technology and solving complex problems for key customers? VMware has a Technical Support role for you. You will be working on the latest and top of the line technology suite, becoming an expert in the industry.
Our Global Support organization supports over 250,000 companies in 100+ different countries, and you can be part of an extraordinary team in an energetic, creative, and collaborative business environment.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
As a starting level 1 Technical Support Engineer, you will be learning VMware virtualization technologies and help our customers troubleshoot, understand, and overcome challenges in their operation.
- First steps on in this role will be to upskill on Global support processes and products, to understand how the technology works, and how our customers use it.
- Once achieved, you will support global customers issues, with the support of tenured engineers, through troubleshooting, research, and lab reproduction.
- As your skill set grows, you will work on additional product lines and progress your skillset on more technologies and, working with senior engineers build cases to shape product development, based on how customers are using the VMware Suite.
- Throughout this time, and your career at VMware, you will be able to develop through training, learning tools, research time and training days.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing?
What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for resolving customer technical issues. Key strengths for this role would be motivated, keen to learn, strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills, someone who embraces challenges.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Learn new communication and technological skills, including, but not limited to Technical Expertise, Applied Logic, as well as Time, Queue and Customer management.
- Resolve complex queries while providing world class support to our customers.
- Troubleshoot, research, and resolve issues, using labs, logs bundles and knowledge base, peer to peer collaboration and other tools you will learn in this role.
- Collaboration with the BU, Engineering, Field teams, and Account managers to ensure frictionless support experience to our customers.
- Partner with Engineering, Field Teams, and technical experts to resolve issues to make it easier for customers to use our technology.
- Updating and creating knowledge articles for global circulation and use, based on the issues you have resolved.
- Work in an environment of trust, on-going development, and coaching, where you are empowered to develop and achieve success, surrounded, and supported by a team of highly skilled engineers and supported by a leadership team involved in and committed to your success.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
▪ I am Deepak, Manager SDK/API Support, Emerging Products. I have been working with the developer support team for more than 3 years. We are a team that supports all Global Customers across all regions.
▪ My team offers support on Software Development Kits (SDKs), Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), and Command Line Interface (CLI) administration tools we ship as part of VMware Products.
▪ We assist customers who wish to make use of the SDKs/APIs for building solutions, to automate and manage VMware environments.
▪ We support public SDKs & APIs downloaded from code.vmware.com or the official VMware portal.
▪ What we support: Design Advice, Performance Tuning, Code review, Problem Diagnosis, Bug Reporting, etc.
▪ We closely partner with Product Engineering BU’s
Where is this role located?
▪ Fixed: this role is based out of VMware’s Bangalore Office and open to candidates in the surrounding area.
What would be your responsibilities? As a Technical Support Engineer, you will be providing support to customers, using VMware products, in isolating, diagnosing, reproducing, and fixing technical issues in a timely manner. To be successful in this role, you must be a motivated self-starter and self-learner, possess strong customer service and technical problem-solving skills and be someone who embraces challenges. • Good written and verbal communication skills. • Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations. • Work experience of 2+ Years in Technical domain. • A person with good Developer skillset along with product support, troubleshooting capabilities. • A person who can fit and wear many hats as when required. • Experience in Networking, Virtualization & Cloud computing will be preferred. • Willingness to work in a 24/7 shift environment. • Focus on day-to-day Service Request resolution and proactively drive progress • Meet aggressive responsiveness and resolution targets • Ability to deliver a consistent experience with high quality and effectiveness with minimal managerial oversight • Capable of researching newly discovered issues • Provide formal root cause analysis on critical customer situations • Deliver proactive services and nurtured customer relationships • Proactive customer notification of training opportunities, product alerts, new KB articles and bug updates • Provide technical assistance with support planning, upgrade, and maintenance • Collaborate with team, take challenges and work with minimal supervision • Open to learn and work on new technologies • Experience dealing with various global customers, maintaining, and establishing relationship with them • Capable of running status calls with the customers to keep them up to date with all relevant opened issues, and on-going projects • Flexible to work in shifts, Night shifts, Weekends & Holidays. (Predominantly Night Shift EST & PST) What are we exactly looking for?
▪ Must have Development as well as experience in supporting products.
▪ Must have good knowledge on at least two VMware Products
▪ Experience supporting a cloud service
▪ General familiarity with concepts like multi-tenancy, password management, common access issues that customers might have with a cloud service
▪ Strong programming knowledge (at least one Java/.net or Python).
▪ Strong Scripting Knowledge (at least one PowerShell, Perl, VBScript, Ruby)
▪ Work experience in Webservices (SOAP/REST/Swagger/JSON/Curl/Postman)
▪ Networking domain knowledge including HTTP, TCP, IP, Subnetting a must
▪ Project debugging, troubleshooting and bug fixing experience
▪ Experience resolving system crashes and hardware related issues
▪ Excellent knowledge of Operating Systems including (Windows 2012, 2008, Windows 8+/ Linux, UNIX)
▪ Basic understanding of MySQL
▪ Experience troubleshooting 3rd party application integration
▪ Client interactions and Customer connect a must
▪ Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed to work successfully with customers in high stress and or ambiguous situations
▪ Hands-on experience Storage and Linux
▪ Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
▪ Excellent communication skills and fluent English
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
▪ You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Explore the VMware Benefits page for additional details. Please note, benefits change by country, please select your country from the drop-down menu at the top right corner. www.benefits.vmware.com
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Tue, 30 Aug 2022 22:05:11 GMT
Apply for the job now!