Job title: Medical Science Liaison
Company: Bristol-Myers Squibb
Job description: At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
One shared journey is moving us forward at Bristol-Myers Squibb. Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious disease. Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together. And driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support.
Looking for opportunities to learn and grow professionally, working alongside smart, talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients prevail over serious diseases?
Join us on this journey…and imagine just how far we’ll go.
MSL embody our medical mission in becoming a trusted, agile partner who engages in relevant dialogue and delivers timely, high impact data and insights that advance the science or accelerate access, optimise medical practice and drive appropriate adoption of BMS medicines. The MSL role is a field-based role. It is anticipated that a MSM will spend a minimum of 60-70% of their time in the field with external customers.
The primary role of MSL is to develop and maintain contacts with Thought Leaders (TL) and Healthcare Providers (HCP) within their healthcare system. The purpose of interactions is to ensure patients have access to BMS medicines, to ensure their safe and appropriate use through peer to peer discussions aligned with medical strategies and needs expressed by the stakeholders. The scientific dialogue focuses on scientific/clinical information around disease management and BMS products in a fair and balanced way and includes appropriate Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) data.
1. External Environment and Customer Focus
- Develop and maintain interactions with Thought Leaders, appropriate HCPs, and access stakeholders, within a given geography to answer scientific, unsolicited product and HEOR related questions. MSLs will use various channels for interactions (1:1, group presentation; remote, etc).
- Effectively present information to HCPs and be able to respond to questions, ensuring medical accuracy and compliance with local procedures, ethical and legal guidelines and directives.
- Actively assess the medical landscape by meeting with Thought Leaders to understand their needs and expertise. Continuously update own knowledge in treatment strategies, products, unmet medical needs, clinical trials and scientific activities. Understand the competitive landscape and actively prepare to address informational needs of customers.
- Collect and provide meaningful medical insights back to the medical and commercial organisations to be actioned in support of the strategy development.
- Report safety information, including adverse events, in accordance with BMS Standard Operating Procedures.
2. Contribute to the Medical Plan
- Develop territory Field Medical plan and TL Interaction plans based on therapeutic area objectives and TLs needs.
- Execute certain medical plan activities as assigned.
- Adopt institution/account planning approach and contribute to cross-functional institution/account plans.
- Contribute to development and delivery of scientifically meaningful medical programs/projects in line with the local Medical and Field Medical plan.
3. Provide Medical Support
- As necessary and appropriate, support the initial and ongoing medical/scientific area and product specific training and provide key scientific updates to internal stakeholders (e.g. Commercial, Regulatory, Pharmacovigilance, Legal, HEOR, Market Access).
- Provide scientific support at promotional meetings by presenting unbiased scientific and clinical data, by evaluating speakers and by giving support to BMS-contracted speakers.
4. Support Clinical Trial Activities
- Support Interventional and Non Interventional Research (NIR) studies (e.g. identification and assessment of potential study sites) to support patient recruitment and/or discussions around the safe and effective use of BMS investigational products, as agreed with local medical management and as defined by the study scope document.
- Provide recommendations and insights to clinical development team on study and site feasibilities within the therapeutic area based on knowledge of the field and through direct contacts with potential investigators, as agreed with local medical management.
- Actively support CRO sponsored studies as agreed with local medical management and as defined by the study scope document.
- Support HCPs in the ISR submission process as agreed with local medical management.
- Ensure that BMS Pharmacovigilance procedural documents are understood and applied by investigators of local studies, and alert appropriate BMS personnel to any identified Adverse Events.
- Medical Doctor (MBBS/MD)
- Excellent English language skills, spoken and written
- Working in a scientific and/or clinical research environment, Oncology experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and act as a team player
- Translating scientific or clinical data into an understandable and valuable form to help physicians best serve their patients
- Good communication and presentation skills to present scientific and/or clinical data to research or healthcare professionals
- Developing peer-to-peer relationships with TLs, scientists, and other healthcare professionals
- Ability to quickly and comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments
- Disease area knowledge and an understanding of scientific publications
- Knowledge of clinical trial design and process
- Knowledge of the national healthcare and access environment
- Knowledge of HEOR core concepts (Health economic and outcome research)
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Job date: Sat, 29 Jan 2022 06:11:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!