Job title: Manager, Machine Learning Engineering
Company: Merck Sharp & Dohme
Job description: Job Description
Manager, Machine Learning Engineering
- A unique opportunity to be part of an Insight & Analytics Data hub for a leading biopharmaceutical company and define a culture that creates a compelling customer experience. ·
- Bring your entrepreneurial curiosity and learning spirit into a career of purpose, personal growth, and leadership.
- We are seeking those who have a passion for using data, analytics, and insights to drive decision-making that will allow us to tackle some of the world’s greatest health threats.
The role involves working with our partners across the organization to help them drive value by through scalable machine learning and data science solutions. You will be working with a scrum team comprising of data scientists, business analysts, data engineers, and subject matter experts to deliver well-defined projects. You will be tasked with designing and creating machine learning models and retraining systems. Often, you will have to take a model prototype built by a data scientist and work with the team to put that model in production. This will involve making the model scalable and efficient (parallelizing, using appropriate libraries, adding basic efficiencies from the code/data/architecture etc.). This can also entail building or rewriting the model from scratch. Creating a model governance architecture for retraining (upon drift) will also be your responsibility. In addition, creating the architecture/framework for performance evaluation and feedback loop will also be expected, prior to handover to ML Ops team.
Your model deployment will most likely be in the cloud (AWS), and we’ll look for the appropriate experience at your end. Any experience with dataiku is a plus. Some reporting and visualization skills will come in handy too. You don’t have to be an expert in any of these topics but need to be able to demonstrate aptitude and some experience. Experience with healthcare data (specifically, RWE data and claims, EHR) is a plus. Healthcare data is sometimes unstructured and mostly in the form of text and images, so NLP and/or computer vision experience is a desirable. We will look to your help in creating technical roadmaps for the projects, and in their nimble execution. We are looking for someone with 2+ years of experience in the data science/engineering space.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
Our Company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Our Company has codified its 125-year legacy. Our Company’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Our Company’s Global Commercial Human Health division partners with colleagues from across all geographies and divisions to help serve our patients and customers around the world. This position is a “hands-on” role which is global in nature, working closely with delivery leaders across divisional and enterprise IT teams.
What will you do:
- Select analytical techniques and model methods best to solve business problems.
- Ensures best practices sharing and cross the organization.
- Able to work functionally in the matrix setup.
- Enable delivery of data-analytics projects. Have deep knowledge of the company’s supported technology; understand the whole complexity/dependencies between multiple teams, platforms (people, technologies).
- Communicate intensively with other platform/competencies to comprehend new trends and methodologies being implemented/considered within the company ecosystem.
- Understands the customer/stakeholders business needs/priorities and helps building solutions that support our business goals.
- Establish and manages the close relationship with customers/stakeholders.
- Has overview of the DS market development to be able to come up/explore new ways of delivering analytics solutions to increase their value/contribution.
- Builds “community of practice” leveraging experience from delivering complex analytics projects.
- Is tactical and develops production-grade models while thinking strategically.
- Be accountable for ensuring that the team delivers solutions with high quality standards, timeliness, compliance and excellent user experience.
- Contribute to innovative experiments, specifically to idea generation, idea incubation and/or experimentation, identifying tangible and measurable criteria.
What should you have:
- BA degree in Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related quantitative field
- MS preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 2+ years of professional experience in Applied Machine Learning, with at least 2 years on cloud environment (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience with AWS Tech Stack (Sagemaker, glue jobs, step functions, airflow, etc.).Experience in model governance & monitoring, CI/CD (Jenkins, etc.), pylint. Experience in putting models into production, Building microservices from models (And notebooks), Experience with papermill (Good to have), Comfortable with Command Line, Experienced with Containers and Kubernetes
- Self-motivation, proactivity, and ability to work independently with minimum direction.
- Excellent business acumen, with proven ability to understand business processes in detail – both at global and region/country levels – and translate these into user stories and detailed business requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, along with the ability to communicate appropriately and confidently with colleagues from different backgrounds and seniority levels.
- Excellent organizational skills, with ability to navigate a complex matrix environment and organize/prioritize work efficiently and effectively.
- Hands-on experience writing production-grade ML code.
Good to have:
- Hands on coding experience in Python/R/Scala/Java or any other OOP; ETL using SQL/shell scripting.
- Some experience in SageMaker, Databricks, MLflow Spark/distributed compute environment.
- Experience using cloud-based SQL & noSQL databases (Redshift, BQ, Athena, Mongo, so on).
- Any experience with Qliksense and MLOPs tools is also a plus.
- Experiences with project management and data analytics project delivery. Ability to communicate with business user/customer and with IT operations. Good overview of complex Data analytics solutions, ability to explain consequences to both IT and business.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics, and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively for the common good. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace
Current Employees apply
Current Contingent Workers apply
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Employee Status: Regular
VISA Sponsorship: No
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: 1
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Wed, 25 May 2022 07:55:07 GMT
Apply for the job now!