Job title: Manager Import Operations
Job description: *
Objectives of the Position
- To Manage Import Operations for for various Business Units of BASF India Ltd.
- Support the Import and Export Operations team lead in the daily work management and review of 3 PL team member
Import Operations-High Seas and In-Bond Transactions:
- Ensure sustainable and smooth Handling of Import Operations as per service delivery agreement and with close co-ordination with Customs & Foreign Trade Operations.
- Drive Excellence in Import operations with continuous improvement in line with local and regional defined KPIs.
- Evaluate infrastructure at various Ports and define operational modalities for High Seas Sale / In-Bond Sales / Merchandize Through business models i.e. Prepare RACI chart, define process with Roles and responsibilities
- Evaluate bond warehouse options at Ports / ICDs and prepare RACI / SOP and put in place operational mechanism for Business Process Variants .
- Actively participate in the Monthly Asia Pacific calls for operations
- Implement Regional Projects and Improvement initiatives in Import Operations.
- Play leadership role and guiding the 3PL team
- Ensure import documents are tracked through SAP report and are getting downloaded well in advance before vessel arrival.
- Ensure Import Operations is managed smoothly and possible actions put in place to ensure uninterrupted business continuity.
- Check the completeness and correctness of documents received for Imports.
- Follow up with Supplier / Business Units for incomplete documents
- Cost optimization and process optimization
- Reduce detention /demurrage and other cost for import operations.
- Improve services of Business units and maintain same as per SLAs agreed and have quarterly service dialogue with business units
- Maintain good relations with the Custom Authorities/ Port Authorities / carriers and represent BASF as and when required.
- Support Pre and Post Covid 19 Lockdown situation smooth operations for business units and customers
Minimum Education and qualification required for the Position:
Graduate with PG diploma in operations preferred
8 10 years experience in Import /Export and Business Operations
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Good Knowledge of Export & Import Operations involving various stack holders like Port /CFS / ICD /CONCOR etc.
- Having good leadership skills managing team of 2-4 people
- Being part of cross functional project demonstrating teamwork and collaborations for success
- Good communication skills, team player.
- Experience in SAP or other ERPs
- Core Competencies:
- Drive Innovation and Sustainable solutions
- Develop Self and Others
- Job-related preferred skills:
- Collaborate for Achievement
- Demonstrate Customer Focus
- Market awareness about cost and Industry benchmark in Operations
Job date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 08:26:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!