Job title: Lab Technician
Job description: pSemi Corporation is a Murata company driving semiconductor integration. pSemi builds on Peregrine Semiconductor’s 30-year legacy of technology advancements and strong IP portfolio but with a new mission-to enhance Murata’s world-class capabilities with high-performance semiconductors. With a strong foundation in RF integration, pSemi’s product portfolio now spans power management, connected sensors, optical transceivers, antenna tuning and RF frontends. These intelligent and efficient semiconductors enable advanced modules for smartphones, base stations, personal computers, electric vehicles, data centers, IoT devices and healthcare. From headquarters in San Diego and offices around the world, pSemi’s team explores new ways to make electronics for the connected world smaller, thinner, faster and better.
This position is located in pSemi India Design Center (IDC) in Chennai, India.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- Independently performs all phases of electronic and electronic-related mechanical assembly and run the boards though the test systems to ensure the quality of the builds.
- Follows verbal and written instructions including documents, schematics, and engineering sketches.
- Works with minimum supervision; recommends process or product improvements.
- Disassembles, modifies, reworks, refurbishes, reassembles, tests units and corrects
malfunctions as required.
- Read and follow assembly prints, work instructions, drawings, procedures, and specifications used in the manufacturing of PCBs.
- Mentor and train junior Assemblers.
- Update the assembly /testing tasks.
- Perform tasks with a high degree of care and attention to details while maintaining a clean and safe-work environment.
- Monitor ATE’s and test results and identify and communicate non-conforming observations as actual issues and take corrective actions.
- Perform setup, calibration, verification, and maintenance of automated test/bench stations.
- Assist Engineering Lab Manager with lab equipment calibration and maintenance duties.
- Effectively communicates with Characterization Engineers and other engineering staff as required to facilitate the ATE/bench testing and assembly process.
- Ensuring ESD compliance in the lab. Vendor co-ordination for purchasing, board assembly, equipment repair and calibration activity.
- Design of general-purpose PCB’s (2-layer board) for ad-hoc test solutions.
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accepting Direction: Accepts and follows directions from others; respects authority; complies with requests; does what they are asked to do
- Accepting Responsibility: Takes accountability for delivering on commitments; owns mistakes and uses them as opportunities for learning and development; openly discusses his/her actions and their consequences both good and bad
- Following Policies and Procedures: Understands and follows company policies; encourages others to follow work rules; calls attention to actions that may violate policies and procedures.
- Testing and Troubleshooting: Consistently performs routine maintenance and inspections to ensure machines, processes, or tools are functioning as expected; thoroughly follows test and maintenance procedures to resolve operating malfunctions.
- Delivering High Quality Work: Critically reviews work processes to ensure quality; addresses problems that could impact quality; makes sure project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; does not make the same mistakes twice
- Serving Customers: Builds strong relationships with customers; stays aware of customer needs, concerns and satisfaction; responds promptly to customer questions and requests; effectively manages customer expectations.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
- 5+ years of industry experience. Currently should be working in semiconductor industry.
- Proficient in the use of all electronic assembly tools including soldering irons, tweezers, pliers, cutters, screwdrivers, wrenches, wire strippers, microscopes, hotplate, reflow oven, heat gun, and other related hand and benchtop tools. Ability to identify electronic components
- Ability to work with and around chemicals used in the PCB manufacturing process.
- Ability to manually solder 01005 discrete components.
- Ability to solder Chip on Board (COB) with bump pitch of 135-150um.
- Ability to operate wire bonding equipment.
- Assembly experience on PCB’s of different hue’s: FR-4, Rogers, Flex PCB, Laminates and Aluminum clad PCB’s.
- Hands-on and ability to understand schematics-layout (Allegro, Mentor Graphics, Altium)/BoM/board bring up activities cable harness techniques.
- Experience working with test and diagnostic equipment including, but not limited to, oscilloscopes, DMMs, vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and signal generators.
- Basic computer skills: MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams). Knowledge of Windows 10 Operating system / PC networking and troubleshooting.
- Good knowledge on lab/rack setup enablement and board bring up, troubleshooting and technical support.
- Limited familiarity with analog and mixed signal/embedded hardware circuit. Basic knowledge of RF electronic testing.
- IPC certification is highly desired
- Familiarity with prototype SMT line equipment
- Familiarity with RoHS compliance and lead-free soldering techniques
- Demonstrated RF test and measurement skills
- Experience reading and understanding specifications and procedures including technical drawings such as BOM, schematics/layout
- Diploma/Polytechnic in Electronics Engineering.
- Must be able to speak, read, and comprehend English.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
pSemi Corporation supports a diverse workforce and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. pSemi does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex/gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions or breastfeeding), gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, legally-protected medical condition, military or veteran status (including “protected veterans” under applicable affirmative action laws), marital status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal laws applicable to the Company. pSemi also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that an employee or applicant has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.
Note: The Peregrine Semiconductor name, Peregrine Semiconductor logo and UltraCMOS are registered trademarks and the pSemi name, pSemi logo, HaRP and DuNE are trademarks of pSemi Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective companies. pSemi products are protected under one or more of the following U.S. Patents:
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Job date: Thu, 10 Mar 2022 08:50:34 GMT
Apply for the job now!