Job title: India Health Action Trust – Specialist – HR Systems Strengthening – IIM/MDI/TISS/XLRI (2-5 yrs)
Job description: India Health Action Trust
– India Health Action Trust (IHAT) aims at improving public health initiatives by supporting programs nationally and globally through providing comprehensive technical assistance in program planning, management and monitoring.
– Pursuant to the Memorandum of Cooperation between the Go UP and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation,IHAT set up a Technical Support Unit (TSU) in 2013 to provide techno-managerial support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP) to improve utilization, coverage and quality of key reproductive, maternal, new-born, child health and nutrition (RMNCHN) interventions and services in the state. The TSU has been set up from the funding support of Bill & Melinda Gate Foundation (BMGF) through the University of Manitoba (UOM), Canada.
– The Uttar Pradesh Technical Support Unit (UPTSU) provides integrated Technical Assistance (TA) to the government of Uttar Pradesh (GoUP), which focuses on accelerating progress in reproductive, maternal, new-born and child health, and nutrition (RMNCHN). UPTSU works closely with the Go UP at the state, district and local levels to optimize RMNCHN programs and services. The technical assistance provided by UPTSU is integrated within the GoUP health system response for scale-up and sustainability. UPTSU focuses on interventions to improve outcomes in Family Planning, Maternal and New-born Health, and Nutrition, along with Routine Immunization, Digital Health, and other initiatives.
Job Title: State Specialist HR Systems Strengthening
Position Type: Regular
Location: State level (Lucknow)
– Team; Health System Strengthening
– Sub-Team (If applicable); HR System Strengthening
– Line Manager; Senior Team Leader, HR Systems Strengthening
– Any other reporting relationships? NA
– Number and Designations of Direct Reportees? NA Go UP interactions?
Job Purpose/Job Objective:
– State Specialist HR Systems Strengthening will work closely with the government counterparts in National Health Mission, Dept. of Medical Health and Family Welfare, Dept. of Medical Education and Dept. of Women and Child Development to implement HRIS, improving recruitment processes, HR planning, Learning and Development frameworks, Performance Management System and other HR system strengthening initiatives
– She/he will play a critical role in understanding complex policy interactions, identifying key bottlenecks, developing policy proposals, implementation pathways and building capacity of Go UP for sustainability.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Key Deliverables expected from the Job Role:
– Support (Sr.) Team Leader, HR Systems Strengthening in advising the Go UP in best practices and frameworks for recruitment, capacity building and performance management initiatives
– Identify key bottlenecks to optimal performance of employees of Depts. of Medical Health &Family Welfare, Medical Education and Training and Women & Child Development
– Lead capacity building of department officials in identifying and mitigating key HR issues
– Develop and advocate for effective L&D and PMS frameworks for public health workforce
– Support DoMHFW in various Organizational Development interventions as necessary
– Support NHM, UP and DoMHFW in effective manpower planning, geographical rationalization of existing
workforce, critical recruitment policies/projects etc.,
Key Inputs expected from the Job Role:
– Conduct rapid research of best practices from other States, research literature and international practices
on key HR systems components
– Develop appropriate policy proposals in a participative approach through effective liaising with internal and external stakeholders
– Follow up with concerned government officials to ensure appropriate proposals are moved in a timely manner
– Provide techno-managerial support to National Health Mission, UP and Dept. of Health and Family Welfare, UP on various HR Systems
Miscellaneous: Any other work given by the line manager or organization from time to time
Competencies required for the job role:
– Collaboration for Success
– Senior govt. official liaisoning
– Influencing and Negotiating
– Advanced MS Excel for data analysis
– Vendor Management Basics of Human Resource Management
– Basic Project Management Choose an item.
– Basic knowledge of components of RMNCHN
Qualifications & Experience:
Required Qualification: MBBS with MBA/PGDM or equivalent
Preferred Qualification: MBA/PGDM in Human Resource Management from Tier 1 institutes will be highly preferred
Essential experience: NA
Preferred experience: At least 2 years in large scale program management or consulting with government/development sector projects
How to Apply: Interested candidates please apply by COB 22 June, 2022 using the online IHAT Application.
– Only complete online applications will be considered. IHAT provides a safe working environment for all its employees; follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women applicants.
– Physically challenged with required skills /knowledge and willing to travel are also encouraged to apply. We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency and suitability.
– Shortlisting for the posts will take place soon after the closing date.
– Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview. Unfortunately, we are able to contact only those applicants who have been shortlisted for the interview.
– If you have not heard from us within 6 weeks of the closing date, please assume that the current IHAT positions are unable to accommodate you at the moment. It is also not possible for us to provide you with specific feedback because of the volume of applications we receive.
– IHAT does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fees in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
For your candidature to be considered on this job, you need to apply necessarily on the company’s redirected page of this job. Please make sure you apply on the redirected page as well.
Maternity and Paternity Benefits
Location: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Job date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 07:15:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!