Job title: Data Scientist
Job description: We look forward to a methodical data scientist to join our internal IT Data Engineering and Analytics team. As a member of this team, you will partner with our larger Data Engineering & Advanced Analytics team to scope out requirements, define testable hypothesis, wrangle data, train and refine new models all to discover predictable and actionable insight into the business.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs) is one of the largest publicly traded (NYSE: J) and diverse providers of professional technical services in the world. Founded in 1947 with over 52,000 employees worldwide. The company’s service portfolio consists of a comprehensive range of business solutions related to engineering, architecture, construction, operations and maintenance and scientific and specialty consulting.
This position will:
- Research, design, develop, and implement data-driven solutions using advanced statistical methods and machine learning technologies.
- Work as a key part of cross-functional teams with various internal customer groups to study quantified business use cases, identify business problems and formulate desired outcomes.
- Generate and test working hypotheses: aggregate and mine data, conduct analyses, and extract actionable results. Apply statistical techniques to develop models utilizing our enterprise data warehouse or via a data lake.
- Design novel algorithms for problem solving, which may include data cleansing, feature selection, statistical modeling, data clustering and classification, text processing, and other machine learning techniques, to solve complex business problems presented by the organization.
- Have experience in communicating modeling procedures and results to non-technical experts.
- Design and implement data pipelines, data wrangling, model training and expand on our ever-growing business analytics needs.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent experience) in a strongly quantitative field such as: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Information Systems, Computational Linguistics, and a minimum of 3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Several years of experience programming in Python or R with strong working knowledge of data science related libraries like NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, XGBoost, SciKit, Plotly, etc.
- Possess the ability to think creatively and demonstrate analytical skills, analyzing complex situations both alone and as part of a team, learning quickly and synthesizing solutions, options and action plans.
- Ability to apply the scientific method to create data experiments, train novel data models and deliver prescriptive and predictive data models.
- Experience in data wrangling (cleaning, harmonizing and pre-processing data) from varied sources, including structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
- Excellent organizational, communication & documentation skills with high attention to detail
Highly Preferred skills & qualifications:
- Experience with Informatica Power Center or Informatica Cloud Integration Services
- Experience using Azure Synapse or Azure ML
- Masters or PhD in Data Science, Statistics or Mathematics
- Experience working with financial, procurement, and project accounting data a plus
- Expert in writing optimized ANSI SQL or Oracle SQL
- Data visualization experience utilizing star-schemas for optimized performance along with BI visualization tools like Power BI, Oracle Analytics Server/Cloud, Tableau, or similar.
Job date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 23:34:57 GMT
Apply for the job now!