Job title: Tendering/Bid Manager – Offshore
Job description: Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a Defining-force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Sales Operations & KAM, Strategy & Marcom
Vestas Asia Pacific is a business area responsible for selling, projecting, installing and maintaining wind turbines in Australia, New Zealand and Asia (excl. China). With our presence and proven history of Asia, we aim to be the highest growth business area in Vestas. More importantly, we intend to make Vestas Asia Pacific the most attractive workplace. Together, these aspirations will ensure that Vestas remains to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions.
- Responsible for adherence to the WTG and Service Sales Process in the bidding phase
- Handle customer bids, create customer offers and responses to Request for Information
- In close collaboration with the Sales Manager and Senior Package Sales Manager, project manager the bid, and coordinate the bid team using company agreed processes and methodologies.
- Ensure project deadlines are met and required approvals are obtained.
- Ensure that the bid team is motivated and focused.
- Initiate corrective action where necessary by forward planning, to ensure optimum utilization of company resources
- Promote high-quality, customer-focused and on-time bid submissions.
- Ensure that the most appropriate and relevant solutions for each bid are effectively structured from cross-functional stakeholders.
- Review and revise documents prepared by internal stakeholders and coordinate the preparation of those materials.
- Compile, edit, and proof-read commercial proposals which contain commercial and technical content and ensure that these are presented in a professional and concise manner.
- Facilitate the qualification of bids at the appropriate process stages using standardized tools and techniques
- Produce and maintain all bid records in accordance with company processes to ensure the bid is auditable.
- Flag any issues or risks during the bid phase to the appropriate stakeholders within the business.
- Store all documentation in appropriate systems maintaining all necessary security compliance.
- Be responsible for the handover of the contract to the Sales Manager and Senior Package Sales Manager for the negotiation of contracts.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of products and services, industry standard landscape and trends within the offshore wind industry.
- Constantly aim to improve both process and offerings to ensure maximum marketability in the bidding phase.
- Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology; MBA preferred
- Proven professional experience of 10-15 years with tender processes for large-scale power plants or other complex industrial projects, OR;
- Proven professional experience with project management of complex projects
- Skilled interpersonal and team skills.
- Scientific thinking and problem solving.
- Attention-to-detail and structured approach.
- Solid project management skills – the ability to apply project management tools to achieve effective delivery within agreed parameters of timescale and quality.
- High quality standards
- Ability to stay focused and maintain overview even during hectic periods.
- Offshore wind industry knowledge.
- Proposal writing experience
- Creative written and verbal communication skills in English.
What we Offer
We offer you an exciting and growing job with innovative opportunities for professional and personal development within the global company in the renewable energy industry. You will be provided with a innovative opportunity to set your footprints within an essential area in Vestas. You will be an integral part of an international team, with a ‘can-do’ attitude and who are keen to make a difference.
The work location will be Mumbai or Chennai, India
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 28th February 2022
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Job date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 04:41:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!