Job title: Technical Writer
Company: Data Direct Networks
Job description: DDN Storage is the world leader in high performance and massively scalable data management and storage solutions that accelerate business results and scientific insights for data-centric organizations worldwide. Our unified, end-to-end platform uniquely addresses the tiered storage and large scale data management demands of mixed workloads, multiple collaborative data centers and Web and cloud environments. Across traditional and commercial high performance markets, customers rely on DDN Storage to solve the most demanding big data problems in industries such as cloud, online content and social networking, security and intelligence, life sciences, finance, energy and media production.
Data Direct Networks is rapidly expanding its R&D team and is looking for an energetic and talented individual to write technical documents for DDN products. The position is in the Technical Publications organization which is a part of DDN’s esteemed Engineering Division.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and able to be hands-on with the products.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with Engineering, QA and support teams, and successfully integrate in the Agile development teams within DDN R&D’s multiple locations around the globe.
- Develop, maintain highly technical hardware & software documents such as release notes, user guides, maintenance & troubleshooting procedures, technical specifications & bulletins, and training materials.
- Personally research & use the products being documented, so as to be able to truly write technical documents and valid contents and not just convert technical materials written by others into its final format.
- Obtain technical details from architects, engineers & developers regarding key areas of DDN products & technology, and quickly turn them into end-user documents.
- Requirements and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience researching and creating user documentation for technology products.
- Exposure to storage systems and related technologies is a major plus.
- Clear & accurate writing skills with careful attention to detail is necessary as these documents contain complicated operating instructions that are used by our field engineers and customers in mission-critical production environments.
- Ability to work independently and in a global team environment while meeting deadlines
- Solid technical background in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Good understanding of software engineering processes.
- Proficient in using one or more of the following document processing software is essential: MS Office Suite, Adobe products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse personalities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology discipline or equivalent experience required.
- A diploma in relevant technology with more than 8 years of experience will also be considered.
DDN Core Characteristics
DDN has a very strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
Self-Starter – Takes independent action to identify and solve problems. Seeks out relevant information needed to make decisions. Gets involved with new initiatives.
Success/Achievement Orientation – Delivers quality results consistently. Targets, achieves (or exceeds) measurable results. Sets challenging goals, focuses on critical priorities, and is accountable.
Problem Solving – Recognizes problems and responds with a systematic assessment that identifies and addresses cause of issue. Practical, realistic, and resourceful.
Innovative – Builds and improves key business processes that enhance the effectiveness of DDN. Generates new ideas, challenges the status quo, and solves problems creatively.
DataDirect Networks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, sex stereotyping, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Sat, 05 Feb 2022 01:57:40 GMT
Apply for the job now!