Job title: Team Leader – Microbiology
Job description: Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 136512 – Sanand, Gujarat, India
Do you want to come to work with a smile and leave with one as well? In between those smiles, your day consists of working in a global organization, continually learning and collaborating, having stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions!
If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be!
Our dependable household brands, dedicated employees, and sustainability commitments make us a company passionate about building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities. The pride in our brand fuels a workplace that encourages creative thinking, champions experimentation, and promotes authenticity which has contributed to our enduring success.
If you want to work for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile…every single day.
The Microbiologist / Senior Microbiologist reports to the Micro Lab Supervisor. He/ She is responsible for implementing Micro Control programs that ensure all production meets the requirements of Microbiological Control. Specifically, the Micro Lab Coordinator is responsible for Micro laboratory operations, assuring that the testing is done in conformance to Colgate Palmolive standards and guidelines.
- Performs microbiological testing in accordance with standard procedures
- Collect and analyze data to draw conclusions and recommend actions
- Apply appropriate methodologies and data interpretation techniques to assist in overcoming technical difficulties and promote continuous improvement.
- Maintains the laboratory quality assurance systems to assure validity of data
- Perform or assist vendor in the installation qualification (IQ), operational qualification (OQ) and performance qualification (PQ) of laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Maintain accurate, up to date and concise laboratory records
- Supports a microbiological sampling and testing program for water, raw materials, work-in-process (WIP), environmental samples & finished products at the facility. This plan must be based on QS 023.
- Understand and use basic laboratory safety equipment and instructions, precautions in handling and disposing of biological materials, in accordance with local environmental regulations.
- Troubleshoot basic instrument or methodology problems.
Drive business issue resolution and continuous improvement. Capture key learning, best practices, potential issues / trends and opportunities for improvement and communicate globally, divisionally and locally on a regular basis.
What you will do
- Performs other duties as assigned such as Micro testing , data analysis , RCA and improvement actions at site to ensure compliance to Micro Control Program
- Exploits data and information to identify and measure potential improvements
- Understands the linkages among supply / demand KPIs and the impact of CI tools on those KPIs
- Facilitates sharing of ideas, knowledge and best practices to improve processes and solve problems.
- Works to standardize best practices.
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Master’s Degree in Microbiology or related biological science.
- At least 5 years of industrial experience (Personal Care, Pharmaceutical, Food, and Environmental). This experience should include working in a manufacturing lab with exposure to plant floor micro control programs.
- Good verbal communication and scientific writing skills.
- Good understanding of GMP/GLP & documentation practices
- Leadership experience in teamwork experience
EOHS and Quality Leadership: Leads by example and demands safe behaviors and awareness, sound environmental practices and commitment to Quality
- Understands own role and responsibility as well as that of others in implementing EOHS and Quality standards and guidelines
- Communicates the need for and impact of Quality and EOHS standards
- Recognizes and acknowledges EOHS and Quality performance in sites and individuals
- Takes corrective actions in a timely manner to mitigate potential Quality or EOHS incidents
- Abides by facility safety and GMP requirements and sets the example
- Proactive in self assessing against corporate EOHS and Quality standards and governmental regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at . To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit . To learn more about Hill’s and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit . To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit .
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.
Location: Sanand, Gujarat
Job date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 22:04:54 GMT
Apply for the job now!