Job title: Systems Design Engineer 3 – Sr. Hardware Engineer – Mixed Signal
Company: National Instruments
Job description: Job Description:
The NI (National Instruments) Semiconductor & Electronics Business Unit (SEBU) Systems R&D group has an immediate opening for a Systems R&D Engineer – HW (Senior or above)
This group works on a wide variety of projects from creating system-level hardware and software components for systems like the Semiconductor Test System (STS) or Wafer Level Reliability (WLR) to creating system reference architectures for applications such as 5G mmWave Over-The-Air Front-End Module Characterization or Semiconductor Device Control.
In addition to system design and development, our group is also responsible for the exploration of new and emerging application areas to help in the definition of future offerings, while collaborating with Sales, Offering Management, and Manufacturing.
This position will focus primarily on mixed-signal validation test application architectures for large scale parallel SMU (Source measure Unit) test systems, mixed-signal IC power validation and LCR device-level measurements. Defining validation procedures for common mixed-signal blocks such as data converters (ADC/DAC), voltage regulators (LDOs and Switchers), microcontrollers (MCU) and interface protocols.
In this role, the Systems R&D Engineer will provide subject matter expertise for customer DUTs and system design guidance for Automated Design Validation solutions.
- Develop and implement electrical validation test plans for common mixed-signal blocks.
- Use standard lab equipment for measurement and characterization – and the ability to create fixturing necessary to interface instruments to the DUT in cost-effective ways
- Mentor the team on the physical/electrical aspects of reference designs using NI HW and DUTs (Analog, Mixed Signal, MCU) and intricacies of measurements like using NI instruments to measure or characterize parameters (For eg. CMRR, PSRR, Transient Response etc ) and understand measurement errors.
- Leverage domain and subject matter expertise to provide guidance for Offering/Solution design
- Researching industry best practices, customer needs, and competitor capabilities
- Authoring paper studies to inform feature definition and drive project decisions
- Creating Proof of Concepts (POCs) to demonstrate product capability
- Deriving system specifications to satisfy application requirements
- Collaborate with other Semiconductor Systems R&D teams and Platform R&D teams
- Teach measurement techniques and guide software engineers to create applications that enable the system to automate the validation of integrated circuits
- Provide clarity on application system requirements for project feature definition, as well as understanding internal IP/solutions and determining how to incorporate them into the R&D team
- Validate product implementation fit/completeness/readiness for systems use and provide feedback for product improvements
- Occasionally embed in the Platform R&D project team for staff augmentation in order to accelerate development and delivery of system subcomponents
- Drive excellence in proficiency and the use of application systems both internally and externally
- Own the collection, arbitration, synthesis, and dissemination of best practices
- Provide subject matter expertise for training material development
- Create application examples and benchmark studies to empower AEs and customers
- Act as technical advisor to the Semi BU General Manager in situations where it is needed, such as potentially going on key customer visits
- Enable operational excellence in quality and efficiency of system design, build and delivery
- Provide input and guidance to configuration tool design and development
- Expedite the resolution of manufacturing issues to enable on-time delivery
- Assist Field Applications Engineers to enable them to support system end-user
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics.
- 5+ years of experience in system design focused on DC, power, audio, MEMS or digital semiconductors
- Strong working knowledge of SMUs, power supply applications, electrical measurements best practices, specifications and uncertainty derivations.
- Proficient at PCB design and component selection for effective board-level design.
- Expertise in Power supply design, battery management, ADCs, memories, buffers, drivers, amplifiers, Microcontroller design and different hardware protocols (UART, I2C, SPI etc)
- Strong knowledge of hardware design flow (Circuit simulation, Schematic capture, Layout) & experience in any commercial enterprise-grade schematic capture tool
- Good knowledge of electronic circuit design using signal chain building blocks like Op-Amps, ADCs & DACs, and discrete semiconductors (BJT, MOSFET, Diodes)
- Strong Analog circuit simulation skills using SPICE (any variant)
- Strong understanding of passive component (resistor, capacitor, inductor) characteristics
- Working knowledge of microcontroller architectures (any one of ARM, AVR, MSP430, 8051 and its variants)
- Strong working knowledge of Test and Measurement equipment like Multimeter, oscilloscopes, Signal generators etc.
- Preferred: Hands-on Programming experience in C#, LabVIEW or Python.
- Strong leadership, presentation, and project management skills.
- Team-oriented and capable of influencing without authority across many functional areas
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills, English language competency
- Travel up to 20%, including international trips.
There are many reasons to consider joining a company. Key among them are the people, the ideas, and the technology. At NI, we believe in the power and potential of connecting the three to create a path to success.
: We’re looking for curious and creative problem solvers who value diversity and fresh perspectives, are bold and kind, and willing to take chances.
: What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you want to program robots? Build flying cars? Leave the world better than you found it? At NI, we build on the big ideas of big dreamers to make their visions a reality.
: With our tailored, software-connected approach, we support our customers through all phases of the product development cycle. From 5G and medical innovations to autonomous driving and the future of space travel, we help our customers Engineer Ambitiously every day.
We’ve long been globally recognized as a top employer. Our compensation and benefits are very competitive, as are our modern workspaces, career development and mobility opportunities, and a culture that fosters belonging and emphasizes community giving. We encourage our teammates to challenge the status quo and collaborate with one another to build innovative solutions.
No matter your career path, we’re here for you, for each other, and for the next generation of innovators who think bigger, aim higher, and go faster.
Are you up for the challenge of helping shape humanity for the next 100 years? If so, let’s get started, and let’s Engineer Ambitiously together.
We are changing how we work by offering more flexibility. NI has decided to take a hybrid approach (working both on- and off-site) at an aggregate level. We know that different roles have different requirements, so we’re embracing a full range of options.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Tue, 04 Jan 2022 23:38:44 GMT
Apply for the job now!