Job title: SR R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER
Company: TE Connectivity
Job description: At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
TE Connectivity Ltd. is a $12 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com
As an Embedded Firmware/Software Engineer for TE Connectivity you will focus on the electrical design, simulation, and verification validation testing of high-speed products in cable assemblies targeting high-speed communications and connectivity within data centers and wireless infrastructure. You will be expected to independently work on projects in the areas of hardware design and validation for a product, system design including modeling, simulation, testing, and circuit board layout. You will work collaboratively within a broader cross-functional team of mechanical, manufacturing, & operations to execute leading-edge products designs. You will be the subject matter expert for the electrical performance of a product/platform beginning with the initial analysis through prototype fabrication & evaluation, and production verification testing. You will tackle challenging design problems and utilize simulation tools to guide complex designs toward success.
Job Description :
- Subject matter expert in embedded firmware design, testing and validation activities through product development cycles
- Establishing software design performance/functional requirements for new products
- Product development of high-speed cables assemblies from conception to manufacturing
- Creating actionable recommendations based upon design reviews and simulation results
- Making data-driven decisions about the product functionality and areas for improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in a high-speed hardware engineering & Software role
- Experience with cable/cable assembly designs (high-speed twin-ax cables, direct attach copper (DAC) cables, active copper cables)
- Experience with C or C++ embedded development
- Experience with component selection, schematic review, testing, and validation of firmware.
- Strong analytical capabilities to interpret lab data to identify issues and provide solutions to fix the identified problem.
- Experience in project leadership, especially as it applies across design, development & manufacturing teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a global environment – able to accommodate varying time zones, fluent in English (verbal/written), able to collaborate with individuals across geographies
- Individual must be highly motivated, a quick learner, and able to work independently
Nice to Have Skills/Experience:
- Familiarity with embedded systems and ANSI C, C++, and C# .net
- Familiarity with the CMIS (Common Management Interface Specification)
- Familiarity with SFF/IEEE specifications for high-speed cable assemblies
- Familiarity with requirements-based design and validation
- Six Sigma methodologies or other strong data analytics background a PLUS
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
Bangalore, KA, IN, 560066
Travel: Less than 10%
Requisition ID: 85602
Function: Engineering & Technology
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 00:37:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!