Job title: Sr Clinical Data Associate ( Data Acquisition Specialist)
Company: Syneos Health
Job description: Updated: Yesterday
Location: India-Asia Pacific – IND-Kinapse-Bengalaru, India
Job ID: 22007904-IND201
Senior Clinical Data Associate
Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
- #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
- We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health – physical, mental and financial.
- We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
- Maintains awareness of the pertinent elements of contract and scope of work for assigned project(s) and communicates status updates to the Project Manager (PM) and/or Biometrics Project Manager (BPM) as necessary.
- Reviews and adheres to the requirements of study-specific DMP for assigned project(s) and updates as required.
- Creates and enters test data for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Performs User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for data entry screens, edits and data review listings, all different roles used in the study and Targeted Source Data Verification (SDV) configuration and matrices.
- Receives and enters lab normal ranges.
- Completes and submits Clinical Database Management System (CDMS)-specific access forms and/or spreadsheets.
- Performs reviews of discrepancy (edit check) output and validation listings based on data entered into the clinical database. Based on this review, queries or applies self-evident corrections or other global rulings permitted in cases where queries are not required, per the DVS and/or Data Management Plan (DMP) for the assigned projects. Resolves answered queries and re-queries where appropriate.
- For paper studies, takes receipt of, and reviews, Data Clarification Forms (DCFs) that have been answered by sites and where appropriate, edits the CRF database accordingly.
- For paper studies, performs internal QC checks via listing output from database against CRFs and DCFs. Serves as QC Coordinator for paper studies.
- For paper studies, ensures all CRFs and DCFs received are returned for filing in the Document Control Room per the Data Tracking Guidelines for the assigned projects.
- For EDC studies, performs DM quality review and/or other internal QC checks as required per applicable Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems.
- Participates/Leads in internal meetings.
- Attends in-process review meetings.
- Participates in internal/external audits as required.
- Files documentation in the Data Management Study File (DMSF).
- Maintains proficiency in Data Management systems and processes through regular trainings (CDA Knowledge College)
- Performs SAS mapping QC whereby discrepancies are noted on the SAS mapping test logs.
- Oversees the work of other CDAs as required. This may involve on-the-job training, review of work, as well as ensuring the quality of work performed.
- Ensures that data from external databases/datasets such as central and/or local laboratory data, electronic diary data, pharmacokinetic (PK) data, or Interactive Response Technology (IRT) are consistent with data in the clinical database. Uses the specified process to document and query any such discrepancies found with the appropriate party.
- Completes tasks within timeframe by appropriately prioritizing multiple tasks within or across projects and adapts to timeline or priority changes by reorganizing daily workload. Proactively communicates to project team and management accurate estimates on time to complete tasks, availability to take on new assignments and resourcing conflicts. Minimizes rework by following study instructions, seeking understanding of assignments prior to performing task and anticipating the effect changes may have on data when issuing and resolving queries.
- Runs data cleaning and/or status reports.
- Performs Serious Adverse Event (SAE) reconciliations.
- Liaises with other groups such as Clinical Programming (CP), Biostatistics and Clinical Operations.
- Creates ad-hoc data cleaning reports used to determine if a validated listing is required including creation of the specification for the validated listing (updates DVS with the listing requirements).
- Perform post-migration testing on screens, edit checks, matrices and role changes as required.
- Participates in customer and third party meetings distributing relevant information in advance, ensures minutes are promptly and accurately distributed to internal team for review and subsequent edits are applied in order to maintain established currency for sponsor distribution.
- Reviews database design specifications (including configuration, data structures, annotated CRFs).
- Designs and/or reviews CRF/eCRF including eCRF visit structure co-coordinating with team members responsible for the associated database design.
- Provides input into the Data Validation Specification (DVS) including creation of edit checks for assigned forms including any post-production updates to the DVS and listings under guidance.
- Provides support to the PDM on a study as required. May involve soliciting support from and coordinating with other CDAs, taking full responsibility for an aspect of the study delivery, or producing study metrics reports. PDM’s back up for specific activities (including attend sponsor’s meetings to provide updates).
- Creation of Discoverer, BOXI, J-Review Reports
- Creates, updates and reviews study-specific documents such as CRF/eCRF DMP, data import/export agreements, CRF/eCRF Completion Guidelines.
- Fills-in the Data Transfer Request Form required for delivering the data to sponsor or vendor.
- Reviews queries and self-evident corrections proposed by less experienced DM staff.
- Understands the coding process
- Understands the purpose of interim, dry run, data cut
- Trains and mentors DM staff providing timely feedback to trainee and management as appropriate.
- Trains project team in project specific requirements.
- Provides EDC training to internal and external team members via Teleconference.
- Serves as a platform or process-specific Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Performs QC of DMSF after QuickStart® Camp (QSC) and ongoing during the study conduct.
- May be required to participate in client, internal or agency audits and inspections.
- May represent the department at business development related meetings.
What we’re looking for
- BA/BS degree in the biological sciences or related disciplines in the natural science/health care field.
- 5- 7 years of experience with DM practices and must have experience into external vendor data setup, non-CRF setup activities , Data transfer agreement(DTA )
- Oracle Clinical, Rave, or Inform systems preferred. Knowledge of clinical data, and ICH/Good Clinical Practices. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Proficiency in navigating MS Windows, as well as use of MS Word, Excel, and email applications. Excellent speed and accuracy of keyboard skills.
- Work experience in clinical research, drug development, data management, or other healthcare environment preferred.
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to inform, influence, convince, and persuade
- Good organizational, planning, and time management skills preferred. Ability to multitask under tight deadlines while providing attention to detail. Ability to be flexible and adapt to change. Ability to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to perform a leadership functions in DM including effective mentoring skills, and the ability to deal effectively with sponsors and internal customers.
- Responsible for performing activities that are in compliance with applicable Corporate Business Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and Working Instructions and performing other duties as assigned by management. Minimal travel may be required (up to 25%).
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.
Share this job
Job date: Fri, 22 Jul 2022 06:39:31 GMT
Apply for the job now!