Job title: Sr Associate (Data Science)
Company: IHS Markit
Job description: Job description
Senior Associate (Data Science)
The IHS Markit Managed Corporate Actions (MCA) service is a best-in-class centralized source of validated corporate action announcements. Managed Corporate Actions provides a centralized source of validated corporate action data for nearly three million equities, fixed income and structured securities, across more than 170 countries and territories. As financial firms face a deluge of raw information on corporate actions, the risks and costs associated with acquiring and managing this data is higher than ever. An investment decision based on poor data quality, in terms of both accuracy and timeliness, can have enormous ramifications, with potential exposure running into the millions of dollars.
Managed Corporate Actions provides unlimited access to corporate action data and allows clients to view full details in real time, including event-level data, dates, options, terms, conditions and restrictions. Managed Corporate Actions offer access to a variety of data vendors through our platform, allowing clients the flexibility to select the vendors they want to work with, which can provide them further control over data costs. The Managed Corporate Actions team validates data through an intricate and precise process of consolidating, researching and validating announcement information. Through this validation process, we enhance vendor records and resolve conflicting information to provide clients with a single golden corporate action record.
Managed Corporate Actions drives to reduce operational risk and lower cost of ownership through the provision of shared industry services for buy side and sell side firms, central banks, regulators, auditors and insurance companies.
What you will do:
- Derive actionable insights using rich historical and ongoing corporate actions information within MCA and other complimentary financial services products
- Address day-to-day operations data sourcing needs
- Develop insights, methods or tools using various analytic methods such as text analytics, predictive modeling, regressions, machine learning, , simulations, etc.
- Handle large amounts of data from multiple and disparate sources
- Analyze the data and the results to ensure data quality, statistical relevance, etc. with a critical mindset
- Work closely with stakeholders to solve challenging business problems with technical expertise, curiosity and creativity
- Establish necessary business and domain knowledge to correctly interpret data and results
- Bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of measuring data quality, product performance, anticipating and interpreting the behavior of end-users
- Automate workflows and apply scientific methods to solve business and engineering problems
Who you are:
- Hands on project lifecycle experience, from business analysis to productization
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and execute projects end-to-end
- Experience working with SQL, Python, R, AWS
- Experience in NLP/text analytics
- Experience of web-scraping, REST-based API’s (json/yaml/OpenAPI) using Python.
- Ability to quickly acquire new technical skills
- Able to translate business problems into problems that can be solved with Data Science
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to communicate ideas and analysis results effectively both verbally and in writing to a non-technical audience
- Bachelor of Science or certified in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, operations research, computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering)
- 4-5 years of professional experience in Advanced Analytics / Data Science / Machine Learning in Finance and/or Reference Data space
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. The company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Job date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 04:50:02 GMT
Apply for the job now!