Job title: Solution Architect
Job description: The Position
As a Solution Architect, you are a senior leader responsible for design, architecture, and develop scalable & extensible applications for the Insights business areas. You will be part of the agile teams taking care of design & solution of the proof of concept (PoC), participate in exploratory phase and full-fledged application development for the healthcare lab and provider insights business areas. You will apply knowledge of design principles, software engineering best practices and innovative approaches covering all the functional and non-functional aspects of an application. You will work with a cross-disciplinary team of engineers, designers, data scientists, and product managers to design, solve, develop, and test applications that serve the needs of the healthcare customers.
This is a technical role and requires a proven track-record of designing end-to-end software products, a wealth of both process and technical knowledge about security, storage, data management, network service delivery within, ideally, mobile and cloud development. The ideal candidate is expected to provide technical expertise, support requirement collection and explore new technology trends to create blueprints and recommendations. The Solution Architect will act as the liaison between multiple product core team’s functions such as software engineering, product management, regulatory, quality and medical science.
A seasoned professional with wide-ranging experience. Deals with diverse and often times complex issues, where analysis may require in-depth evaluation of many factors. Exercises judgment in evaluating methods and may determine criteria for obtaining solutions. May coordinate the activities of other employees. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in area of expertise as well as some key contacts outside area of expertise.
Who we are
‘Roche’ is a Swiss multinational healthcare company with headquarters at Basel, Switzerland that operates worldwide under two divisions: Roche Pharmaceuticals and Roche Diagnostics.
Roche Diagnostics is a division of Roche. We develop and integrate diagnostic solutions that address the challenges of today and anticipate the needs of tomorrow. In more than 100 countries, we offer the industry’s most comprehensive in vitro diagnostics solutions, covering molecular diagnostics, clinical chemistry and immunoassays, tissue diagnostics, point of care testing, patient self-testing, next-generation sequencing, and laboratory automation and IT, and decision support solutions.
Roche Information Solutions (RIS), which is a newly created business under Roche Diagnostics division in Roche to provide integrated digital solutions to deliver on the promise of affordable, high quality, and accessible healthcare. RIS is accountable for the development and delivery of digital solutions, common Diagnostics architecture and data management. Digitalization in healthcare is of increasing importance to deliver customer and patient value, and shape healthcare.
We are a Software Engineering & Operations organization under Architecture & Software Engineering function within RIS located at Pune (India).
Who you are
At RIS India, Pune location, we are looking for a motivated and committed person able to inspire our team oriented towards the values of passion, integrity and courage. Moreover, you bring:
- A practical and in-depth knowledge in application designs & solutions that allow users not just to accomplish their tasks, but also to be delighted with the experience of using our products.
- You have experience building insights applications, have a passion for reliability and security and are curious about the trends in software and analytical application development.
- Ability to work with globally distributed and multicultural teams and work with various stakeholders to set priorities.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment with multiple projects/initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork is necessary.
- Experience in working as part of agile/scrum teams.
- Technical architecture leadership of a product team to deliver a digital health application
- Develop architectural blueprints and create technology artifacts to enable design and implementation for both build and drive suppliers
- Act as tech lead for a team, leading design and architecture of a feature or product, mentoring and guiding the engineering team, performing code reviews for critical features when necessary, not afraid of jumping in to help with specific programming challenges
- Bridging the communication between product managers, data scientists, principal-level software engineers
- Design systems and features in harmony with the area’s reference architecture
- Prototype solutions to validate ideas, design assumptions and other aspects of a product including identifying technology options
- Proactively monitors all product-related components and processes to ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), audit and industry best practices
- Good hands on experience on AWS Cloud and technologies like Python scripting, Pandas, Web Frameworks (Django/Flask) etc.
- If required should be able to write clean, maintainable, documented code using engineering best practices.
- Work with the Quality Engineering team to design test plans (unit, component and integration) that address usability of all components of the application.
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Research on new tools, technologies, approaches, programming techniques, and test processes for effective software development
- Utilize systems thinking and strong technical expertise in designing the solutions for software development projects covering all aspects of product i.e. functional/Non-functional and the Software Development Life Cycle; from conception to testing to product delivery.
- Adhere to the agreed and defined standards/processes/practices and confidentiality for the software design/architecture.
- Design and develops software solutions by studying information needs, conferring with users, studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; and following the software development lifecycle.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Design solutions that improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Design/develop software & analytical application blueprint and defining/demonstrating/justifying the solution design.
- Hands on experience in Python scripting (Pandas, Numpy SciPy)
- Strong hands on in SQL scripting and Database/SQL optimization.
- Strong experience in developing cloud solutions using cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure).
- Experience in the design, implementation, and usage of REST APIs (HL7 FHIR is plus).
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Vertica, AWS Redshift etc.
- Fair knowledge of working with the tools/technologies: Spring framework, Git, Jira, Jenkins.
- Good knowledge of creating CI/CD (Jenkins) and in docker/kubernetes.
- Experience with Agile / Lean practices and scalable architecture.
- Certified ‘SAFE for Architects’
Nice To Have:
- Healthcare domain experience.
- Healthcare product development.
- Experience developing regulated products under design control.
- Experience on HL7/FHIR/SMART on FHIR (SOF).
- Experience in JAVA front and back end technologies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 14+ years’ of software industry experience.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience on software design and Architecture.
You will be encouraged to demonstrate the We@RocheDiagnostics dimensions and help evolve the functions culture beliefs and bring We@RocheDiagnostics to life, as part of the TransformD journey. The dimensions are:
- We are passionate about our customers and patients
- We radically simplify
- We trust, collaborate & have fun
- We ALL lead
- We experiment & learn
Locations: Pune (India)
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
Roche is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Level: Individual contributor
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 23:50:38 GMT
Apply for the job now!