Job title: Software Engineering Manager
Job description: Are you an Engineering leader excited about designing and building modern enterprise applications that delight customers with satisfaction, performance, security, and reliability? Are you passionate to work on the latest development technologies and collaborate with smart engineering teams and drive delivery of high-quality products? If yes, then this is the role for you!
Industry Solutions Delivery (ISD) helps customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments by delivering their voices back to our business groups to make our technology even better—and by accelerating their transformation journeys to become digital businesses. For more information, visit ww.microsoft.com/Services.
Withing ISD, the Delivery Excellence Services (DES) group carries a vision to Equip, Enable and Support world class project delivery across the lifecycle for Microsoft customers. This group is responsible for building and maintaining software services & applications for deal estimation and software delivery management.
We are looking for a smart, well organized, and highly motivated Engineering Manager to lead the engineering team. The role has direct people management responsibility with Software Engineers and Program Managers as part of the team managing a portfolio of applications.
The ideal candidate has an engineering mindset and is focused on solving complex problems keeping the user experience on priority and capable of developing collaborative partnerships with stakeholders across Microsoft, with the ability to frame solutions and drive alignment.
- Lead a team of Software Engineers and Program Managers to ensure delivery of high-quality solutions to meet the business outcomes.
- Will be accountable to drive understanding business requirements and fitment to the solution, solution architecture, quality engineering and release driven through consistent recommended practices, operations to ensure availability, stakeholder satisfaction and on budget portfolio performance.
- Ensure that the team is consistently using appropriate engineering practices, delivery-management methodologies, processes, and tools and bringing to bear the knowledge of the ecosystem into the requirements, engineering and operations.
- Is responsible for his or her team meeting or exceeding on-time, on-budget and quality targets.
- Drive his or her team to deliver successfully on the assigned programs and supporting appropriately through the deployment and ensure proper business value while maintaining high end user satisfaction.
- Ensures that his or her team has processes and tools in place to ensure meeting solution end goals.
- Provides input and feedback to the team, based on observations, feedback coming in from users and personal expertise, on how to ensure quality engineering and drive their career development.
- Work with Vendor/Suppliers to structure efficient and productive delivery teams.
- Drives DES Tools strategy to build alignment with Microsoft strategy to help increase application adoption and assist business with meeting their requirements by working with internal teams as appropriate.
- Drive operational excellence and innovation through delivery best practices.
- 18+ years of engineering experience with a good understanding of developing large scale enterprise applications.
- Proven experience to lead and manage and deliver a project or portfolio of projects to meet the business outcomes.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong People Management ability supporting Microsoft values.
- Problem solving and escalation management, Innovation and leadership and Executive Maturity.
- Demonstrate expertise in cross-cultural communication and openness in interactions with diverse cultural groups.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Job date: Fri, 19 Aug 2022 06:28:55 GMT
Apply for the job now!