Job title: Software Engineering Lead
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Job description: Role
Software Engineering Lead
Years of Experience
Shift Timing (IST)
11:00 AM – 08:30 PM
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways.
- Technically hands on and participate/drive Design and Code reviews.
- Be responsible for end to end product quality.
- Promote and develop the culture of collaboration, accountability & Quality.
- Facilitates and guides the work of all of the Sprint commitment and Features delivery of Agile Team
- Provides technical support to team. Helps team in spotting challenges early and re-plan
- Help teams with hands-on involvement in development, application integrations, code reviews, etc.
- Involve in design decisions and suggest suitable approach for scalability and high performance of the application.
- Closely working with Engineering Manager, Onshore partners, deployment and infrastructure teams.
- Preparing technical solution and architecture documents, artifacts, work products and presentations for the customer
- Experience in developing reusable artifacts/frameworks, re-usable assets, Industry solutions, reference architecture, design, development and QA best practice
- Design and Develop overall solutions and individual applications
- Mentor other developers on the team.
To apply to an internal job, employees must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 18 months in the current role
- Not on Active CAP at the time of applying for the IJP
- Employees designated currently on G28 & G29 can apply for this position
- Employees must notify their Current Manager before applying for the IJP
- Last Common Review rating of Meets Expectations or Exceeds Expectations
- Have not availed Onshore opportunity within last 6 months
Must Have Skills
7+ years of experience working as Developer
- Must have experience on Test Automation – ATDD, Selenium, Cucumber, Karate Framework
- Must have strong analysis (both requirements and system) and design skills
- Strong Development & Debugging Skills.
- Strong experience in Micro services design pattern.
- Strong experience with automated unit testing, performance test tools, investigation and resolution.
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Good understanding of Rest API, Micro Services concepts and the implementation best-practices, and integration with on premise/cloud-hosted 3rd party systems.
- Understanding of DevOps and current hands-on experience with automation tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Git, Docker, etc.
- Experience in delivering solution through Agile methodology including daily participation in Agile ceremonies
- Experience in writing, maintaining, performance tuning SQL and the ability to write complex SQL, understand complex procedures and triggers.
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills, skills in dealing with a diverse population.
- Passionate about technology, problem solving, learning new skills, sharing expertise and knowledge.
Onsite Interview Required
Training Type (before onboarding)
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana
Job date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 22:50:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!