Job title: Software Engineering
Job description: Web Experiences and Services Team – Senior Software Engineer
Do you want to work on a product that is used by millions and millions of people around the world daily and growing rapidly as everyone adapts to remote work, life and education? Do you care deeply about how software is constructed and designed with a focus of supporting production scale? Do you want to be part of fun-loving, inclusive, dedicated, and world-class team that continuously pushes the boundary of service and engineering excellence? Do you love meaningful work that can advance your career?
The Web Experiences and Services Team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about working on high-scale geo-distributed services. These services power the infrastructure behind the Office web applications like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote and Visio that are part of the Office 365 suite. You will help design, build and run all aspects of these high scale services including monitoring, scalability and reliability. We are gearing up to modernize our infrastructure services to achieve world class scalability and reliability. We seek to build on the site reliability principles to understand distributed systems and high-scale services. If you want hands-on experience in architecting, designing, building and running a global service in the M365 and Azure ecosystem, this is the role for you.
- Own and deliver complete features, including design, architecture, implementation, testability, debugging, shipping, and production on call rotation
- Work closely with other disciplines to shape the service infrastructure and product
- Perform duties of feature lead of team of 2-4 engineers.
- Guide, mentor and coach junior engineers on the team
- Demonstrate the ability to learn quickly, be self-directed, and work well with other people
- Foster a culture of being agile, innovative, team-oriented and customer-focused
- Contributing to team-wide fundamentals/infrastructure investments
- Investigating and prototyping new technologies and frameworks
- Writing and maintaining unit tests and automated integration tests
- 8+ years of experience and outstanding coding skills in at least one of the object-oriented computer languages: C#, C++/C, or Java
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong debugging, testing/validation and analytics/telemetry skills
- Outstanding cross-discipline and cross group collaboration skills
- Deep passion for customers, design thinking, data analysis and technology
- Capable of technical deep dives into networking, service design, operating systems and storage, while able to shape strategy of the infrastructure and service reliability with leadership team members
- Proficiency in debugging and diagnosing service issues
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing -diagnosing service health issues at global scale is a plus
- Experience defining and measuring internal/customer facing service level objectives/agreements
- Experience in a DevOps culture supporting live site is a plus
- Experience with Azure Infrastructure and in .Net is an added plus
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high-quality products a plus
- Bachelors, Masters, or PHD in computer science, engineering or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Location: Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Job date: Wed, 20 Jul 2022 06:50:09 GMT
Apply for the job now!