Job title: Software Engineer II
Job description: Our Purpose
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Engineer II
Mastercard is the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce,
a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
As a Test Engineer in Data Platform and Engineering Services, you will have the opportunity to build frameworks to perform testing on the ETL jobs as well as high performance data pipelines which loads data into Mastercard Data Warehouse. Our Data Warehouse provides analytical capabilities to number of business users who help different customer provide answer to business problems through data. You will play a vital role within a rapidly growing organization, while working closely with experienced and driven engineers to solve challenging problems.
- Develop test frameworks to perform testing data stored in Unix/ Hadoop/ S3/ Oracle.
- Write SQLs (Oracle, Hive, Impala, Spark) to perform data analysis and do root causes analysis of the issues identified
- Good understanding of any of the programming language (Unix, PL SQL or SQL) would be addon.
- Follow MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes
- Leverage new technologies and approaches to innovating with automating testing for large data sets
- Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems
- Perform assigned tasks and production incident independently
- Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency
All About You
- 3 to 5 years of experience in Testing Data Warehouse related projects in product or service based organization.
- Expertise in Data Engineering and implementing testing methodologies in multiple end-to-end data warehouse projects.
- Experience of working with Databases like Oracle, Netezza and have strong SQL knowledge
- Experience of working on Nifi and big data technologies will be an added advantage
- Experience of any test automation tools would be a plus
- Experience of working in Agile teams
- Strong analytical skills required for debugging production issues, providing root cause and implementing mitigation plan
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills
- Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, and perform POC to explore the best solution for the problem statement
- Flexibility to work as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project teams
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Location: Pune, Maharashtra
Job date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 01:49:51 GMT
Apply for the job now!