Job title: Software Engineer II
Job description: Leica Biosystems – SW Engineer: C++, Linux Platform
Danaher, is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and industrial solutions. Our globally diverse team of 59,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $16.5B in revenue last year. We are ranked #133 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 2,000% over 20 years.
Leica Biosystems (LBS), is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, we are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Our mission of “Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives” is at the heart of our corporate culture. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Nussloch, Germany
“Danaher India Development Center (IDC) is a research and development site with the vision of accelerating product roadmaps across various Danaher business segments. Started in 2014, today IDC is 450+ associates from six Danaher operating companies namely Beckman Coulter, Radiometer, Leica Biosystems, Danaher Digital, Hach and Leica Microsystems. The teams at the center works in close coordination with other global R&D centers at US, France, Germany, Japan, Australia and Denmark. Located at the center of Bangalore IT HUB, IDC is housed at state of art world class facility.”
Leica Biosystems Core Histology division, develops pathology lab instruments that are part of a complex cancer diagnostic workflow. The workflow starts with biopsy, then tissues are fed into tissue processing instruments in the diagnostic workflow. The tissue processors prepare the tissues for further processing by subjecting the tissues to one or more tissue processing protocols based on tissue types and other parameters. Later the tissues are stained so that cancerous cells can be clearly differentiated from the normal ones through pathology imaging devices. It’s very important, after the diagnostic stage in the workflow, to protect the tissues for several years based on the regulatory requirements; Cover-slippers, yet another instrument, from Core Histology covers the tissue slides with the glass covers automatically and precisely.
With such complex use, there is need to for highly reliable, quality software. This is made possible due to a highly diverse & vibrant team along with a quality centric agile process which you will be trained in.
You now have a great opportunity of being part of the above committed & engaged team. You can take pride in the fact that you are giving back to society by working on devices that help save lives and keep us healthy.
Come join our winning team.
- Specification, design, implementation, documentation and test of new software for laboratory devices
- Maintenance of existing software for laboratory devices
- Support creation of optimal agile software development processes and selection of tools
- Support agile planning and progress control and securing transparency
- Follow regulatory requirements for software development in the area of medical engineering (e.g. FDA 21 CFR Part 820)
- Creation of generic software modules (Platform development)
- Working together with a global development team
Essential Skills/ Characteristics
- A bachelor`s degree in electrical or software engineering
- Programming skills in C++ for Linux multitasking operating systems in the area of embedded systems with focus on Device-/Application-/GUI-Layer development
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design using design patterns and design principles.
- Strong in multithreading concepts synchronizations and IPC mechanisms.
- Strong in network programming, network communication concepts.
- Familiarity with any Unit test framework and Knowledge of writing Unit test for software modules.
- Knowledge of design documentation and creating UML diagrams for representing design and architecture.
- Experience in real time/embedded system design, debugging and testing in embedded Linux/RTOS environment.
- Good knowledge of development on Linux platform
- Basic knowledge of the Qt-Framework
- Experience in the area of agile software development (Scrum)
- Good critical thinking, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Knowledge of medical standards like IEC 62304.
- Good English knowledge (oral / written)
- Team player, flexibility
Desired Skills/ Characteristics
- Knowledge on regulatory requirements for the development of medical devices software
- Experience in firmware development with μCs recommended
- Experience with the version control system Git
- Familiar with the practice of continuous integration (CI)
- 4-7 Years’ experience in similar position recommended
- Knowledge of shell, python scripting will be a plus.
- Familiarity with commu
When you join us, you’ll also be joining Danaher’s global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you’ll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful tools and the stability of a tested organization.
At Danaher, we value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
If you’ve ever wondered what’s within you, there’s no better time to find out.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 04:59:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!