Job title: SMTS Analog Engineering
Job description: Overview:
At Rambus, we are turning incredible possibilities into everyday reality by helping to deliver the innovations that greatly impact the world we live in. We create leading-edge semiconductor and IP products, spanning memory and interfaces to security to smart sensors. Our products are integrated into tens of billions of devices and systems around the globe, running critical applications for Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), mobile, consumer and media platforms.
And our history runs deep – we have been in Silicon Valley for 25+ years and are continually anticipating key technology trends and are developing innovations that drive market changes. From a pure IP provider to becoming a fabless chipmaker, Rambus is evolving to address critical challenges in the semiconductor industry.
As a dynamic organization, we are always seeking to hire exceptional talent to join some of the brightest inventors and engineers in the world to explore their passions to develop products that have real life impact. As well, Rambus benefits are among the most comprehensive and competitive in Silicon Valley.
- Have full ownership of IP, its major blocks or sub blocks
- Support marketing on presales activities technically
- Be the interface to the customer in technical interactions, feasibility analysis, design reviews, parameter estimations (like Power/Area etc.)
- Pair with similar domain experts across other geographical locations on core technical initiatives
- Define the architecture and uArchitecture of the IP’s and its sub functions
- Understand and disseminate applicable standards and its relevance in a given project to the team
- Responsible to develop and design the high speed circuit blocks used in Rambus
- Design, simulate and characterize high performance CMOS data communication circuits (drivers, receive equalizers, PLLs, high speed samplers, clock recovery circuits).
- Responsible for Receiver, transmitter or PLL level designs and top level ownership.
- The designer will be responsible for all aspects of designs such as schematic capture, layout review, simulation & analysis of critical electrical and timing parameters, documentation and silicon bring-up.
- Will be responsible to work with the system engineering team for Silicon bring up and Characterization.
- Mentoring of junior designers where applicable.
- MS/M-Tech degree in electronics/VLSI and In exceptional cases B.E/B-Tech in electronics engineering with 5+ years of relevant experience needed. (The experience profile will depend on the job level of the position)
- The candidate should have prior experience of high speed custom circuit design. The senior position requires demonstrated ability to have worked in these domains and a sound understanding of the standards, protocols, practical aspects of circuit design in DSM process nodes ( 28nm, 16nm,14nm) are very desirable.
- Strong fundamental knowledge is essential. Sound knowledge of basic building blocks (Ex: bias generation, on-chip regulation, on-chip impedance circuits and PLL) is highly desirable.
- Experience in designing memory interfaces such as DDR/3/4 and LP3/4 or serial links such as USB/XAUI/, CEI6/ LVDS /PCIE//SATA and Display Port etc.)
- Experience working in leading R&D and future technology development projects is desirable.
- The position requires good written & verbal communication skills as well a strong commitment and ability to work in cross functional and globally dispersed teams.
- About Rambus
With 30 years of innovation and semiconductor expertise, Rambus leads the industry with products and solutions speed performance, expand capacity and improve security for today’s most demanding applications. From data center and edge to artificial intelligence and automotive, our interface and security IP, and memory interface chips enable SoC and system designers to deliver their vision of the future.
Rambus offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus, equity, matching 401(k), employee stock purchase plan, comprehensive medical and dental benefits, time-off program and gym membership.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 22:27:29 GMT
Apply for the job now!