Job title: Senior Test Manager India R and D
Job description: Business Overview:
Providing timely and effective test planning, development and execution to support release of quality products into production. Enabling suppliers and ODM partners with Validation best practices. Developing and deploying a sustainable validation process for key technologies. Customer Validation Environments Understood knowledge of our customer environments, workloads, deployment architectures and usage models. Collaboration with Development – To Implement Defect Detection & Prevention Methods. Industry Leading Efficiency – Scope, People, Lab. Standardized Test Practices and Measures Through the use of industry TMMi L3 processes. Mature Automation Strategy – Automation Anytime, Anywhere, by Anyone . Advanced Test Engineering Simulation & statistical analysis.
EDUCATION : Bachelor s/Master s degree in Engineering.
10+ years of hands-on experience performing functional, system, performance and acceptance testing in technology organizations.
5+ years of experience leading and overseeing quality assurance work, preferably in systems management domain.
3+ years of experience in being people manager
- Define, implement and manage quality assurance processes, testing methodologies and supporting tools.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality systems and products by ensuring functionality meets documented specifications, product requirements and organizational goals.
- Plan and lead release and system acceptance testing, collaborating with development, product managers and other stake holders to create and execute test plans and test cases.
- Lead issue triage and resolution meetings with distributed product development teams.
- Identify, replicate, document, prioritize and track issues to closure using issue tracking systems.
- Work with program management and operations to ensure quality of processes and procedures.
- Build strong relationships with business and technology stakeholders and champion continuous improvement initiatives across Systems Management product portfolio.
- Produce quality metrics, testing results and other reports for all levels of management.
- Understanding of Test Automation Concepts, Test Automation Framework & Automation tools
- Plan and drive organization level automation goal for the product area of responsibility
- Drive continuous improvements to automation through analysis and lesson learned
- Influence the development team to build a automation friendly product
Product /Domain knowledge
- Review requirements to provide feedback on completeness, testability and other risk areas that could impact product quality.
- Bring customer perspective to the products thus improving customer satisfaction.
- Detailed understanding of server technologies including networking stack or BIOS/Planar
- Understanding of Server/Storage hardware and its components
- Understanding of embedded software/firmwares, drivers, etc.,
- Understanding of various operating systems both in windows and linux family
- Experience on using Machine learning, AI in validation techniques is a big plus.
- Ability to inspire a team of individuals to a common goal. Keep them motivated and inspired to achieve the full potential of the individual.
- Educate team members across the organization regarding the quality function and their role in ensuring quality standards are met.
- Developing QA team members through effective staff personal development reviews and dealing effectively with disciplinary issues.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills with previous experience managing a team of at least 10 staff.
- Management of external and offsite testing groups, when needed.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Our Culture Code unites us and makes us a great family of companies and a great place to work. It s how we run the business, go to market, work together and provide inspirational leadership.
Our culture code is defined by our values and are made real every day by defining expectations for how we work and how we lead.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here .
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to plan and perform all aspects of software quality assurance activities to successful completion for complex, multi-faceted initiatives that span business and technology.
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute test plans and test activities for a portfolio of products with overlapping development schedules and release cycles.
- Ability to effectively manage system acceptance teams and efforts, and clearly communicate status, risks, issues and recommend corrective actions to meet program and organizational objectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively across matrix organizations in a fast-paced, schedule driven environment.
- Ability to leverage business, product and functional requirements to create test plans and test cases.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with business and technical stakeholders.
- Proven command of various software testing methods, levels, types, and processes and where they fit in the overall system.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Thu, 06 Jan 2022 08:41:41 GMT
Apply for the job now!