Job title: Senior Technical Training Specialist (Based in Bangalore, India)
Job description: Senior Technical Training Specialist
At Illumina, we are expanding access to genomic technology to realize health equity for billions of people around the world. Our efforts enable life-changing discoveries that are transforming human health through the early detection and diagnosis of diseases and new treatment options for patients. Working at Illumina means being part of something bigger than yourself. Every person, in every role, has the opportunity to make a difference.
The Senior Technical Training Specialist will be part of the APJ Commercial Training Department which is responsible for technical training at our Illumina Solutions Center (ISC) in Bangalore, India. This individual is responsible for executing both internal and customer activities at the ISC located in Bangalore, India. Internal technical training of Illumina products include collaboration with global and regional experts to develop/update training materials and execute training activities and certifications. Pre-sales customer activities include collaboration with regional Sales and Marketing departments to execute high-impact customer programs and projects in the ISC to drive business objectives. This individual is also required to be responsible for the maintenance and operation of ISC equipment and laboratory.
All About You
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conduct needs analysis for internal staff and Illumina channel partners that deal mainly with reagent protocols, instrument operation, software, and troubleshooting best practices associated with Illumina’s next-generation sequencing and microarray technology products.
- Assess training needs for new applications scientist hires and plan suitable onboarding training schedule in consultation with new hire’s manager
- Design and develop training materials dealing with library preparation, sequencing, genotyping, gene expression, advanced data analysis, and instrument set-up, operation, and maintenance.
- Prepare for technical training courses by acquiring necessary supplies, setting-up instruments and support equipment, and coordinating prerequisite tasks with prospective participants.
- Facilitate instructor-led training courses for internal and external customers that typically include technical presentations, demonstrations, hands-on lab exercises, technical Q&A sessions, and learner assessments.
- Serve as lead instructor for new product training and conduct train the trainer sessions to certify other instructors
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training activities and implement improvement measures as appropriate based on findings/feedback
- Continuously update course materials to keep pace with rapidly evolving technology and products.
- Provide content expertise for web-based learning modules.
- Author, review, and edit technical documents and presentations.
- Manage and maintain training lab assets, instruments and related equipment
- Collaborate with relevant departments to plan and execute customer projects/experiments
- Develop and improve key company processes that support our mission of building a world-class customer support organization.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics required or M.S. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology or Genetics + 3 years technical work and/or technical training experience or B.S. + 6 years technical work and/or technical training experience.
- 3 years biotech/pharma experience preferred.
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%,
- Adult learning, Instructional systems design, facilitation, and training evaluation experience preferred.
- Prior experience with NGS sequencing or microarray technologies preferred
- Exposure to engineering-related tasks.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organization skills, including ability to rapidly balance priorities in a fast-pace environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively in a highly matrixed organization.
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service.
Concerns regarding COVID-19 continue as positive cases are experienced in the communities in which we operate. Please be aware that, as a condition of employment, Illumina may require proof of COVID vaccination in accordance with local statutory requirements (subject to limited exceptions) beginning November 1, 2021.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Job date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 07:28:28 GMT
Apply for the job now!